For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I’ve decided to talk about films that I would recommend out of films that have been nominated in the best picture category at the Oscars. Obviously there’s a lot of films to choose from here, but I will do my best to narrow it down as much as possible!
- Beauty and The Beast-I love this film, it’s one of my favourite Disney movies and definitely deserved its Oscar nomination.
- Rain Man-I watched this one in Psychology class last year and it was really funny and sweet and heartwarming.
- Babe-I remember loving this film as a kid!
- Moulin Rouge!-My favourite film ever! If you haven’t seen this one, then you definitely need to!
- Chicago-It’s a really fun film with lots of great songs, definitely worth a watch.
- The Reader-I watched this over the summer and it’s a really beautiful, but heartbreaking film.
- An Education-I wasn’t expecting to like this film as much as I did, but I really enjoyed it.
- War Horse-This is a beautiful film and like most beautiful films, yes it will make you cry.
- The Imitation Game-I watched this film this year and thought it was really amazing.
- The Theory of Everything-This film! I dare you to watch this film and not cry…..you won’t be able to do it!
I will be back with more Monday Recommendations next week, but in the meantime, I will be posting my newest Top Ten Tuesday post really soon (hopefully!).
For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I’m going to talk about films released in 2015 that I would recommend watching. This one may be a shorter post, as I haven’t actually seen all that many films this year, but I will give it a try anyway and see how many I can come up with!
- The Duff-I watched this one a few months ago and whilst I wouldn’t go as far as saying it was a favourite film, it was pretty enjoyable and is worth a watch. I haven’t tried the book that the film is based on, but I probably won’t, since it’s the story is the kind of thing I enjoy in a film, but probably wouldn’t like in a book, if that makes sense?
- Insurgent-This film is enjoyable but only if you accept that it’s nothing like the book and enjoy it for what it is, rather than making comparisons, because they’re so wildly different, that making comparisons will probably only get you disappointed.
- Inside Out-This film was so cute and funny and just……great!
- Mr Holmes-I wasn’t expecting to like this film as much as I did, it was surprisingly good and very different from other Sherlock Holmes films that I’ve seen.
- The Scorch Trials-Slight cheat here as I haven’t seen this yet, but I’m dying to, because the first film was so good, so I can only imagine how great this one is.
- Mockingjay: Part 2-Even bigger cheat here, as this film hasn’t even been released yet, but I cannot wait to see it, so I just had to include it!
I will be back with more Monday Recommendations next week, but in the meantime, I will have my actual post for today, my newest Top Ten Tuesday post for you all very soon.
For this week’s Monday Recommendations, as my Netflix free trial just ran out, I thought I would do films on Netflix that I would recommend watching (if you have a Netflix account, if you don’t then these are still films worth watching). These are the ones that I would recommend:
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire-Unfortunately, they don’t have the first movie on Netflix, but if you haven’t got around to watching the sequel yet, then they do have that. If you have not been introduced to this film franchise yet, then why the hell not? These are awesome films!
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1-Because after you have watched the first and second movie, you are going to want to watch the third!
- About Time-Cute rom-com, perfect for a Friday night in.
- Meet The Fockers-Because this film is freakin’ hilarious.
- Ice Princess-Such a cute movie and the skating is amazing!
- The Guilt Trip-Hilarious! Definitely worth a watch (or if you’re like me, several!)
- Chalet Girl-It’s a cute movie and it has Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl) in it, what more could you ask for?
- Just My Luck-Ah, back before Lindsay Lohan went off the deep end and was actually good…….
- Struck By Lightning-It’s kind of different from your average teen movie and I thought pretty good.
- Love, Rosie-It’s a cute rom com, again good for a Friday or Saturday night in.
Bear in mind, Netflix does change their content every month, so these may not be there all the time.
Have you seen any of these movies? Do you like them? What Netflix movies would you recommend to me?
I will have another Monday Recommendations for you next week but in the meantime, tomorrow (or rather later today!), I will have a new Top Ten Tuesday for you all, so make sure to check that out.
For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I decided I would focus on my favourite animal related movies (and I’m only including movies with real animals, not animated ones), that I would recommend to people. These are the ones that I would recommend:
- Black Beauty-The quintessential horse movie, if you are a horse lover, you definitely have to see this film, it’s brilliant.
- Marley & Me-I will warn you, the end of this movie will make you cry, but other than that, it’s a brilliant movie.
- 101 Dalmatians-The movie that started my obsession with dalmatians! Seriously, those dogs are so cute and incredibly smart!
- Racing Stripes-This is such a cute movie! The story is sweet and the animals are adorable, especially Stripes.
- Charlotte’s Web-I just watched this movie this year and it was lovely, just as cute as the book was.
- Flicka-One of my favourite horse movies, it’s lovely, the story of a wild girl bonding with a wild mustang is heartwarming (plus it’s based on a book, My Friend Flicka, although the book is extremely different to the movie).
- Hotel For Dogs-This film has so many cute dogs, it’s great for dog lovers.
- War Horse-Again this movie will make you cry, but the story and the horses are both beautiful.
- Seabiscuit-It’s a lovely movie, made even more amazing by the fact that it’s a true story.
- 102 Dalmatians-My personal favourite of the two movies, this one has Waddlesworth in it.
Have you seen any of these movies? Did you like any of them? What animal movies would you recommend to me?
I will have another Monday Recommendations for you next week, but in the meantime tomorrow (well later today, really!), I will have a new Top Ten Tuesday post for you all, so make sure to check that out.
For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I decided to focus on Action/Adventure movies. It’s not my personal favourite movie genre, but there are some films that I like in this genre and I figured that I may as well share them with you. These are the ones that I would recommend:
- Mr and Mrs Smith-It’s been a while since I last saw this film, but I remember enjoying it when I saw it.
- Sherlock Holmes-I love anything Sherlock related and Robert Downey Junior is just awesome in this role!
- Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows-I actually liked this one better than the first one, I thought the story was better and I liked that this one had Moriarty in it.
- The Hunger Games Franchise-I love all of the movies that have been released so far in this franchise, they are great adaptations of the books.
- Skyfall-There’s nothing better than a James Bond film when it comes to action!
- Pirates of The Carribean: Curse of The Black Pearl-Jack Sparrow is awesome! Johnny Depp is definitely the main reason that this film is worth watching.
- Inception-This film was kind of weird and difficult to understand sometimes, but I still thought it was good.
- Peter Pan-The live action version! It’s awesome!
Have you seen any of these movies? What action/adventure movies would you recommend to me? Let me know in the comments!
I will have another Monday Recommendations post for you all next week, but in the meantime, tomorrow (or rather later today), I will have a new Top Ten Tuesday post up, so make sure to check that out!
For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I’m focusing on movies once again, but for this week, I’ve chosen a theme of teen movies, basically any movies that feature teens in a high school/general school environment, I know there are some great ones out there, these are the ones that I would recommend:
- Mean Girls-The ultimate teen comedy, this is a must see teen movie!
- A Cinderella Story-This is a cute, girly chick flick that focuses on a high school romance, it’s a really fun, sweet film.
- Grease-I’m not sure I could do this list without featuring this film!
- Hairspray-You will find yourself singing the music for the entire week after watching, the music is too damn catchy!
- She’s The Man-This modern Shakespeare retelling set in an American boarding school is completely hilarious!
- Wild Child-This is such a fun movie, set in an English boarding school, perfect for a girl’s night in.
- John Tucker Must Die-I watched this one recently, it was so funny, definitely worth watching!
- 10 Things I Hate About You-Another great, funny, modern day Shakespeare retelling.
- The Princess Diaries-This movie is funny, sweet, generally a great watch.
- 17 Again-This is a hilarious movie, definitely worth watching.
- Easy A-Another one that I watched recently, it’s funny, snarky, basically everything you want in a teen movie.
Have you seen any of these movies? What teen movies would you recommend to me? Let me know in the comments!
I will have another Monday Recommendations post for you all next week, but tomorrow I will have a new Top Ten Tuesday post, so make sure to check that out!
Since I love the genre of fantasy so much, it’s one of my two favourite genres to read, I thought that this week, I would focus on fantasy films and give you guys a list of fantasy films that I would recommend watching, as there are definitely some great ones out there.
- The Harry Potter film series-Okay, so most people have probably seen these movies by now, but if you’re one of the few who haven’t, then what the hell are you waiting for? Obviously, the rule that the books are always better, still applies, but the film adaptations of the Harry Potter movies are really great and if you have not seen them, they are definitely worth watching.
- Shrek and Shrek 2-I prefer Shrek 2 to the first movie actually, but both movies are hilarious, they’re very funny takes on fairytales, so if you have not seen either of these movies yet, then definitely watch them (I wasn’t so keen on 3 & 4).
- Beauty and The Beast-My second favourite Disney film! Belle is the ultimate heroine for us bookworms and the story is just so beautiful, plus the music is awesome (as with most Disney films!).
- Enchanted-It’s the ultimate Disney satire!
- Sliding Doors-Not necessarily a fantasy film, but it has a fantasy component, basically it shows two parallel timelines in the life of a woman, one if she catches a train and one if she misses it, it’s kind of confusing to start off with, but once you get into it, it’s pretty good.
- About Time-I know, I used this one last week too, but it’s a really good movie and it has a time travelling element.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe-It’s a really long film, but really enjoyable!
- Maleficent-I watched this movie over the Christmas holidays last year and it is amazing!
- Alice In Wonderland-I’ve only seen the Tim Burton one, not the Disney one, but I thought that was really good, classic crazy and weird as only Tim Burton does!
- Night at The Museum-This movie and the two sequels are so much fun!
Have you seen any of these movies? What fantasy based movies or movies with fantasy elements would you recommend to me?
I will have another Monday Recommendations post for you all next week, but tomorrow I will have my newest Top Ten Tuesday post up, so make sure to check that one out!