Again, this week I’m continuing with my series of posts about the attractive guys on Nashville. The subject of this week’s feature is Will Lexington, another one of my favourite characters on Nashville. Whilst Will may have done many things that have frustrated me, at heart, he is a good guy and his songs are amazing!
1. Will has blonde hair and blue eyes.
2. He is originally from Texas, like Gunnar.
3. He is gay and for much of the series is closeted (spoiler alert, he comes out)
4. He is a singer-songwriter and plays the guitar.
5. He lives with Gunnar and Avery, his best friends.
6. He has a boyfriend, Kevin.
7. He was formerly married to Layla, in order to hide his sexuality.
Will’s Best Quotes:
- “I may be gay but you are insane!”
- “This is all really new to me, but I do know that, uh….I’ve never felt…..this way…..about anybody before”
- “It’s alright to be happy with what you got. Even if it ain’t perfect”
- “You’re free Layla. And I know you probably won’t believe me…..but I really am sorry….for everything”
- “Maybe someday I will find someone who makes me feel like the best version of myself”
I will have another Swoonworthy Sunday for you guys next week, but in the meantime, I will have a new Monday Recommendations and Top Ten Tuesday post for you all tomorrow (well later today!) as it’s getting late here, so I don’t want to do another post tonight!
This week, I’m continuing with my series of posts about the attractive guys of Nashville. The guy that I’m going to focus on this week is Gunnar Scott, who has always been one of my favourite characters on Nashville. I think I love him even more because the actor who plays him, Sam Palladio is British. so of course, being British myself I love that!
1. Gunnar has brown hair and blue eyes.
2. He is originally from Texas.
3. He is in love with Scarlett O’Connor and they are in a band together, The Exes, but for some reason, they just cannot get it together and be together already! It’s annoying! You both know you like it each other, so just admit it! (sorry, mini rant over!).
4. He is a singer-songwriter and plays the guitar.
5. He lives with Will and Avery, who are his best friends.
6. He had a brother, Jason, who died in the first season.
7. He is a sweet, generous, kind hearted guy and is very determined to make his dream of making it big in the music industry come true.
Gunnar’s Best Quotes:
- “You gave me back our history, you gave me us. We weren’t a lie. What we had was real. What we had was good.”
- “Well if you don’t upload a photo then you’re just an egg, and no one takes you seriously when you’re just an egg.”
- “Scarlett O’Connor has more talent than most of us dream about, she’s the one who pulled the good music out of me. I owe her everything.”
- “You’re amazing. You have more talent than anybody that I know. Somebody should tell you that everyday”
I will have another Swoonworthy Sunday post up for you next week, with another Nashville hottie, but in the meantime I will have my newest Monday Recommendations post for you all as soon as possible, so I will finally be caught up with my posts!
I’m continuing with TV characters now, as I’ve run out of Swoonworthy book guys to talk about, so until I find another book boyfriend to talk about, I’m going to focus on attractive guys from TV show. This week I’m going to start a series of posts on the hot guys from the TV show Nashville as there are a lot of hot guys on that show! The one I’m going to focus on this week is Avery Barkley. I didn’t like him much at first, he was kind of an ass, but he’s grown so much over the series and now he’s one of my favourites.
1. Avery has brown hair and blue eyes.
2. He is originally from Ohio.
3. He is married to Juliette Barnes and they have a daughter Cadence.
4. He is a singer-songwriter, but has also been a producer and played in a band with Scarlett and Gunnar.
5. He lives with Will and Gunnar.
6. He was initially an ass, but he has matured since then and has become a kind, generous man and is a great father to Cadence and a great husband to Juliette (too bad she’s being kind of a crappy wife at the minute!).
Avery’s Best Quotes:
- “Music’s all I know how to do”
- “Just because you close your eyes, doesn’t mean you’re invisible”
- “Now the world can see you the way I do”
- “I’m gonna love my child unconditionally, no matter how many choices he or she makes that I don’t understand”
I will have another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you all next week, featuring another Nashville hottie, but in the meantime, I will have my Monday Recommendations post up for you ASAP (then I’ll finally have caught up on my posts!).
For this week’s Swoonworthy Sunday, I’m choosing another TV character again, but I’m not cheating quite as much this week, the character I’ve chosen actually exists in the book series that the TV show is based on! The character I’ve chosen this week is also from Pretty Little Liars, it’s Toby Cavanaugh.
1. Toby has brown hair and blue eyes.
2. He is 24 years old (after the five year time jump).
3. He works as a cop for the Rosewood PD.
4. He has a step-sister Jenna Marshall.
5. He is in love with Spencer Hastings.
6. He was initially quite shy at the beginning of the series, though he isn’t so much anymore.
Toby’s Best Quotes:
- “Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I’ve ever done”
- “That’s what so great about friends. They’re not your family. They accept you for who you are.”
- “Everything I’ve done was so I could protect you”
I will have another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you all next week, but in the meantime, I will have the post I was actually meant to do today, my Monday Recommendations post, so keep an eye out for that!
I meant to have this posted yesterday, but I really couldn’t choose a subject for this week’s feature (I clearly don’t read enough books with hot guys in them!), so I had to cheat a little this week by choosing a character from a TV show rather than a book, the TV series is based on a book series but the character doesn’t exist in the books! The character I’m focusing on this week is Caleb Rivers from Pretty Little Liars.
1. Caleb has short brown hair and brown eyes.
2. He is 23 years old (after the five year time jump).
3. He is very good with technology, he can hack into people’s computers (and hacks into A’s systems several times) and upgrade and fix people’s phones. He is an Information Risk Analyst.
4. He lived in foster care from when he was five years old until Season 2.
5. He is in love with Hanna Marin.
6. He is generally a loner and doesn’t have many friends, though he is close to Lucas, Toby and the four girls.
Caleb’s Best Quotes:
- “Most of my life I’ve felt alone, even when I was with people”
- “The rich girls steal, the pretty girls lie, the smart girls play dumb and the dumb girls spend their days trying to be all of the above”
- “Knowing the right questions is better than having all the right answers”
- “I’m not gonna leave you. It’s just never going to happen”
- “In the middle of a war, you have to remember what you’re fighting for”
I will be back with another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you all next week, but in the meantime, I will be posting my newest Monday Recommendations post as soon as I possibly can, so make sure to keep an eye out for that.
I wasn’t quite sure what to do for this week’s Swoonworthy Sunday, because I appear to be running out of attractive guys from books to talk about (or at least I’m finding it more difficult to think of them!). For this week’s post, I’ve decided to focus on a character from a TV series rather than a book, although the character is the focus of legends, so I guess that sort of counts? The character I’m going to talk about today is Arthur Pendragon, from the TV series Merlin.
1. Arthur has blonde hair and blue eyes.
2. He is the son of Uther and Ygraine and half sister to Morgana. He is married to Guinevere.
3. He is very close to his manservant Merlin, although he does not know about his magic for the majority of the series.
4. He is an honourable and just man, always wanting to do what he thinks is right.
5. He is very brave, willing to sacrifice himself to save others.
6. He is a talented leader and able to inspire loyalty in his people, whom he cares deeply for.
7. He has a very hot temper and can have a tendency to become violent when provoked.
8. He is a skilled sword fighter, able to use a mace, lance and throw knives accurately.
Arthur’s Best Quotes:
- “Shut up, Merlin” -one of his most commonly used sentences
- “There’s no way Merlin’s a sorcerer” (I love this for the irony!)
- “You don’t have a dog and fetch the stick yourself. No offence Merlin”
- “You know me Merlin, I never listen to you”
- “I swear I’m going to rescue my men or die trying”
I will be back with another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you all next week, but in the meantime, I will be posting my newest Monday Recommendations post soon, so keep an eye out for that.
For this week’s Swoonworthy Sunday, I have decided to focus on a character from one of my favourite Jodi Picoult books, it was the second one of hers that I read and the character I decided to focus on is Chris Harte. It’s kind of difficult to do this without giving too much away about the book, but I am going to try! The basic premise of the book is the story of Chris and Emily, whose families have lived next door to each other for years and are basically childhood sweethearts (though they actually start dating in high school but it’s a foregone conclusion to everyone that they will date, as they have grown up together and their families are very entwined). Emily winds up dead early on in the book, Chris says it was because of a suicide pact that they had but the detectives think he murdered her and basically the story goes on from there, flashing back and forward in time, to show what really happened to Emily and what lead to those events.
The Gist of Chris:
- He is the son of Augusta (Gus) and James Harte.
- He is eighteen years old (by the end of the book).
- He has a younger sister called Kate.
- He is tall, with dark hair and eyes.
- He was a high school swimming star, specialising in the butterfly.
- He deeply loves Emily Gold, having grown up with her and been very close as children, they started to date in High School.
- He is accused of her murder, though he denies it and claims Emily died as part of an unfinished suicide pact (no way am I going to tell you how everything works out though, you will have to read for yourself!).
Best Chris Quotes:
- “I love you,” he whispered, and that was the moment he knew what he was going to do. When you loved someone, you put their needs before your own. No matter how inconceivable those needs were; no matter how fucked up; no matter how much it made you feel like you were ripping yourself into pieces.”
- “Do you know what it’s like to love someone so much, that you can’t see yourself without picturing her? Or what it’s like to touch someone, and feel like you’ve come home? What we had wasn’t about sex, or about being with someone just to show off what you’ve got, the way it was for other kids our age. We were, well, meant to be together. Some people spend their whole lives looking for that one person. I was lucky enough to have her all along.”
- “She was all the things I wasn’t. And i was all the things she wasn’t. she could paint circles around anyone; I couldn’t even draw a straight line. She was never into sports; I’ve always been. Her hand, it fit mine.”
- “That’s what love is, when your hindsight is 20/20, and you still wouldn’t change a thing.”
These quotes show exactly why I love Chris, he is so completely and utterly devoted to Em (even when she doesn’t deserve it) so it seems inconceivable that he could have killed her and yet, there is always this little seed of doubt, he’s a complex character, it’s difficult to figure out whether he’s lying or telling the truth throughout the book, but the one thing you can never doubt is how devoted he was to Em and I found that really beautiful.
I will be back with another Swoonworthy Sunday post next week, but tomorrow I will have a new Monday Recommendations post for you all, so make sure to check that out.