For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I’ve decided to talk about films that I would recommend out of films that have been nominated in the best picture category at the Oscars. Obviously there’s a lot of films to choose from here, but I will do my best to narrow it down as much as possible!
- Beauty and The Beast-I love this film, it’s one of my favourite Disney movies and definitely deserved its Oscar nomination.
- Rain Man-I watched this one in Psychology class last year and it was really funny and sweet and heartwarming.
- Babe-I remember loving this film as a kid!
- Moulin Rouge!-My favourite film ever! If you haven’t seen this one, then you definitely need to!
- Chicago-It’s a really fun film with lots of great songs, definitely worth a watch.
- The Reader-I watched this over the summer and it’s a really beautiful, but heartbreaking film.
- An Education-I wasn’t expecting to like this film as much as I did, but I really enjoyed it.
- War Horse-This is a beautiful film and like most beautiful films, yes it will make you cry.
- The Imitation Game-I watched this film this year and thought it was really amazing.
- The Theory of Everything-This film! I dare you to watch this film and not cry…..you won’t be able to do it!
I will be back with more Monday Recommendations next week, but in the meantime, I will be posting my newest Top Ten Tuesday post really soon (hopefully!).