For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I am again going to focus on movies and for this week, I’m going to choose my favourite drama movies which I recommend, there are a lot of great ones, so don’t be surprised if this is a long list!
- Black Swan-I watched this a few months ago, and it’s a really great film, if more than a little disturbing!
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-It’s a really long film, but I think the story is really interesting and really beautiful.
- A Beautiful Mind-I watched this film in my psychology class and I found it really interesting and enjoyable.
- War Horse-I love this movie! The story is beautiful and of course I love the horses, although actually I would recommend seeing the stage version of this, I saw it on stage and it was just incredible.
- The Book Thief-Of course the book is better, but the film is actually a really good adaptation of the book, pretty faithful and I think it captures the beauty of the book well.
- The Perks Of Being A Wallflower-I wasn’t familiar with the book before I saw the film, in fact I still haven’t read it, but I really enjoyed the film.
- Rain Man-This is another film that I saw in Psychology, it’s really funny and actually a really sweet film.
- Gone Girl-I love this movie! The book was crazy enough, but I feel like the film took the crazy to a whole new level.
- About Time-I went to see this a few years ago for my birthday, it’s kind of like The Time Traveler’s Wife, but personally I think it’s a much better movie.
- The Railway Man-I watched this film recently and though it was difficult to watch at times, I really enjoyed it.
- Water For Elephants-I love the story of this movie and all the animals are so beautiful and incredible.
- The Theory of Everything-I watched this movie last year and it was incredible, the story is so amazing and heartbreaking (made even more so given the fact that it’s a true story) and the actors are really amazing, which all in all makes for a pretty great film.
- The Imitation Game-I watched this movie recently and thought it was incredible, again brilliant actors and it’s such an incredible story.
- The Reader-Another movie that I watched recently and I thought it was amazing, completely heartbreaking as all movies based around WWII are, but really beautiful as well and quite different to other WWII based movies I’ve seen.
- Billy Elliot-This is another film that I watched this year and I thought it was wonderful, funny but with plenty of drama thrown in as well.
- Still Alice-This film is so sad! Beautiful, but so, so sad. You can definitely tell why Julianne Moore won an Oscar for it, she’s amazing.
- Begin Again-I love the music in this film and the story is really great as well.
- My Sister’s Keeper-I’m actually watching this film as I write this! I may still be extremely pissed off that they changed the ending, which is the most important part of the book, but that doesn’t mean that the rest of the film isn’t good.
- Seabiscuit-I love horse based movies and the story of Seabiscuit is just such an amazing one.
- An Education-This is a great coming of age movie, both dramatic but also heartwarming.
Have you seen any of these movies? What drama based movies would you suggest to me?
I will have another Monday Recommendations post for you all next week, but tomorrow I will have my newest Top Ten Tuesday post up, so make sure to check that one out. I will also have my review of A Court of Thorns and Roses up for you all pretty soon.