For this week’s Monday Recommendations, I thought I would take a break from movies for a week and focus on music this week instead as it is one of my favourite things, aside from books and I’ve done quite a few movie related posts (and will do quite a few more, I’m sure), so I thought it would be nice if I did something a little different this week. I decided that this week, since I love her music so much, I wanted to talk about my favourite Taylor Swift songs that I would recommend listening to. My favourites aren’t necessarily always the most popular ones, in fact, lately I’ve found that the songs that are my favourites from her albums are usually the ones that aren’t released as singles, but anyway, these are my favourite songs of hers, that I would recommend:
- Love Story-One that I’m sure everyone has heard of, it’s one of the singles off her second album, Fearless (my personal favourite album, there are so many great songs on there) and I just love the lyrics of this song. It’s one that you can’t help but sing along to!
- All Too Well-This one is from Red, it’s by far and away my favourite song on the album, I think the lyrics are beautiful and there is such emotion in the song.
- Blank Space-This song is so catchy and I love the tongue-in-cheek feel of it. I’m sure most people have probably heard this on the radio as it’s one of the singles off 1989.
- Clean-This one is off 1989 as well, it’s my favourite song of the album, again, because I just love the lyrics.
- You Belong With Me-This is another one off Fearless that is very catchy, you can’t help but sing along to it and the music video for it is adorable!
- Back To December-I love this song, again for the lyrics, I think it’s really beautiful and it’s really different from her other songs because it’s her apologizing to a boyfriend about the end of their relationship, so it has a very different feel to it than most of her other songs. This is definitely my favourite song from Speak Now.
- The Lucky One-Again, this song is one of my favourites because of the lyrics, but I also love the message about the dangers of fame and I think it’s a really catchy song. It’s one of my favourites off Red.
- Fifteen-Another one off Fearless, I saw Taylor Swift do this song last year on her Red tour. Again, I really love the lyrics and the story of this song.
- White Horse-This is my favourite Taylor Swift song ever, it’s from Fearless and the song is just so beautiful and the lyrics are amazing.
- The Way I Loved You-I love the lyrics of this song as well.
- Mean-This song is just really catchy, plus I liked that it had more of a country feel on an album where you could definitely tell that Taylor was switching to pop more.
- Begin Again-For the lyrics, I love the simplicity of the lyrics for this song.
- State of Grace-But the acoustic version from the deluxe album of Red, I feel like when the song is slowed down more, the meaning of the lyrics comes across better.
- Everything Has Changed-Again, I love the lyrics of this song and the music video is so cute! Plus it has both Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran, who is another one of my favourite singers, so really, it couldn’t get much better!
- Sweeter Than Fiction-She did this song for the movie One Chance and I just think it’s a really nice song.
- Never Grow Up-This song is so cute!!!!
- Mine-I love the lyrics for this song.
- Fearless-The song is so catchy and so much fun.
- Mary’s Song-I love this song, it’s really cute and I love the story.
20. Our Song-This is another song that is so catchy that you can’t help but sing along!
I’m going to stop there before I start listing every song Taylor Swift has ever done! If there are any Swifties out there, what are your favourite Taylor songs? Let me know!
I will be back next week with another Monday Recommendations, but in the meantime, tomorrow, I will have my latest Top Ten Tuesday post for you all, so make sure to check that out!