Hey everyone! I’m back with a new Top Ten Tuesday post for you all. This week’s topic was meant to be Top Ten New To Me Authors That I Read In 2015, but if I’m being honest, I haven’t read all that many books from new authors this year and most of the books I have read from new authors this year, I didn’t exactly love. So I decided to tweak the topic a little and instead of listing favourite new to me authors that I read this year, the topic I’m going to do is Top Ten New To Me Authors That I Hope To Read In 2016. Whether I will actually read all of these authors’ books or not, remains to be seen, but I am hoping to read at least some of them!
- Rachel Caine-I’ve had Ink and Bone for a while now, but I got distracted by all the other shiny, lovely books on my bookshelf and didn’t get a chance to read it this year. It’s one of the books on my #RockMyTBR Challenge list though, so I am definitely hoping to read it next year, especially since the sequel is coming out.
- Victoria Aveyard-Kind of the same as Rachel Caine really, I’ve had Red Queen for a while now and though I’m kind of nervous about reading it because I’ve heard mixed reviews, the sequel is coming out next year, so I’m hoping to be able to read both Red Queen and Glass Sword next year.
- Kristin Cashore-I’ve heard lots of really great things about Graceling, so next year will hopefully be the time that I finally read that book!
- Patrick Ness-I’ve had The Knife of Never Letting Go for so long now and I’ve heard some really great things, both about Patrick Ness and about that book, so I definitely need to get on with reading it next year.
- Moira Fowley-Doyle-I’ve heard mixed things about The Accident Season, but as soon as I read the blurb for it, I was hooked and I like to trust my gut instinct when it comes to books, if I think I’m going to like something then I usually do. I am definitely going to try to read this next year, it’s a short book, so it shouldn’t take too long for me to read.
- Sara Raasch-I’ve also heard mixed things about Snow Like Ashes, but just like with The Accident Season (and with Red Queen actually), my gut instinct when I read about this book was that I was going to like it, so I’m going to give it a chance. Plus, Ice Like Fire is already out and the third book in the trilogy releases next year, so this could be the perfect opportunity for a binge read!
- Elizabeth Wein-I’ve had Code Name Verity for ages and so many people have told me how brilliant it is, so I am definitely going to try my very best to get to it next year.
- Timur Vermes-Look Who’s Back is essentially a Hitler satire and I thought that sounded really cool when I bought the book, but for whatever reason, I haven’t got around to reading it yet. I hope to rectify this next year.
- Alwyn Hamilton-Rebel of The Sands sounds so good! Plus I met her at YALC this year and she was really lovely, so I really want to try her debut novel. I hope it’s as good as I think it’s going to be.
- Ellie Marney-I really want to try her Every series as I love Sherlock based books and they sound really good. I might not get to them next year, but if I do, that would be great.
I could add more, there are so many new to me authors that I am dying to read but I want to keep this to a realistic number, since I probably won’t even read all of these in 2016! Who were your favourite new to me authors of 2015? Which new to you authors are you guys looking forward to reading in 2016? Let me know!
I will be back next week with a new Top Ten Tuesday post for you all, next week’s topic is Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015, however, as I haven’t read as much as I would have liked this year, I don’t think I’m going to do that topic, so I will probably pull a different one from the archives for you guys. You’ll have to wait and see what it is though! In the meantime however, I will hopefully have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you all tomorrow, so make sure to check that out.