First off, I would like to apologise for being so MIA the last couple of weeks, I’ve been busy with Uni and other personal stuff (which I’m not going to go into here) kind of got in the way last week but I’m back now and hoping that this week I’ll actually be able to do a full week of posts for you all! Anyway, back to this week’s Top Ten Tuesday and this week’s topic is book to movie adaptations that I’m looking forward to. I have a love/hate relationship with book to movie adaptations because on the one hand, I love seeing the books I love brought to life on the big screen, but on the other hand, I get very, very angry when they are done wrong! (I’m sure all bookworms can relate to this right?). Anyway these are the book to movie adaptations that I’m looking forward to:
- Mockingjay: Part 2-I didn’t much like the last book in the Hunger Games series, but I actually enjoyed the first movie adaptation a lot more than I thought I would, so I’m really excited to see this last movie in the Hunger Games franchise.
- The Scorch Trials-Yes I know this movie has been out for ages, but basically, I saw the first movie with my two best friends and we promised that we would wait until we were all together to see this one and I haven’t had a chance to see both of them together for a while, so I’m still waiting! I really enjoyed the first movie, so I’m hoping this one is equally good.
- The Death Cure-Is it bad to be excited for the last movie in a series when you haven’t even seen the second one yet? I don’t think so! Having read this book, I know the movie is just going to break my heart.
- Beauty and The Beast (live action version)-Okay, this is kind of cheating since I’ve never actually read the fairytale or anything like that, but the Disney movie is one of my favourites and the cast for this is absolutely amazing! Emma Watson as Belle, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere……could it get any more perfect?!! Why, oh why do we have to wait until 2017 for this?
- Unwind-It’s in production everyone! Still no news on casting which is sad, but according to Neal Shusterman, the casting process has begun and hopefully filming will start next year, which makes me very happy! This is one film that I am definitely excited to see!
- Allegiant Part 1: Okay, so I haven’t read the book yet and knowing the spoiler for the end is still making me reluctant to read it, but I’m hoping to have read it by the time the first part of the two part final movie comes out because I’ve really enjoyed the films so far (though seriously, why every single final movie in a series has to be split into two, I don’t know. It was okay when Harry Potter did it, but now everyone’s doing it and it’s just sad!).
- The Girl On The Train-I haven’t read this book yet (I really want to) but apparently, the movie version comes out next year (so I really need to get on this) and from what I’ve heard of it, it sounds like a great book that will make a really great movie!
- A Series of Unfortunate Events-This is slightly cheating, because I’m not looking forward to the movie (seen it already, okay but nothing worth cheering about), I’m looking forward to the Netflix original series! The movie didn’t really live up to the books, so I’m hoping that the TV series may be better able to capture the spirit of the books!
- Thirteen Reasons Why-This was meant to be a film, but now it turns out has been optioned for a TV mini series. I just hope it actually happens because I really want to see this story brought to life on screen!
- Throne of Glass-This has been optioned for TV, how did I not know this until today? I need this now. NOW.
I will be back next week with a new Top Ten Tuesday, next week’s topic is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read in the past year or so, which if you read my Thursday Quotables posts regularly, you can imagine that I’m really excited for! In the meantime however, I promise that tomorrow I actually will have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you all, to make up for how awful I’ve been at getting my posts out on time the past few weeks!