I love this week’s topic! I know, I know, I say that basically every week, but it’s so much fun to be able to share the new releases I’m looking forward to with all of you, since obviously I mostly talk about books I’ve already read, it’s fun to share the new things that I’m excited for, and to see if any of you are excited for the same releases that I am. So let’s get started shall we? These are my top ten (at least I will try to keep it to ten!) releases that I am excited for, for the rest of this year.
1. Royal Wedding-Meg Cabot-Okay, so I know this one has already been released, so it’s kind of cheating, but it was only released last week in the UK and I’m really looking forward to reading it, so I think it still counts. It’s been a couple of years since I read the last book in the series, so may have to reread, or at least remind myself of the plot before I go onto this one, but I think I remember the general gist of what happened. I thought after the last book that there was still room to expand in the story, so I’m excited to see what’s in store for Mia next.
2. Queen Of Shadows-Sarah J Maas-You all must have known this one was coming! I am so freaking excited for this book, I can’t even tell you. The end of the last book was so evil, and left me with so many questions, and I’m so excited to see where she takes the story in this book, because it feels like after the last book that the stakes have been raised, & the action is well and truly starting now, so I can’t wait. This book releases 1st September, only three more months to go!
3. Off The Page-Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer-Again, this book has already released but it was only a few days ago, and I’m really excited for it! It’s the sequel to Between The Lines, which I loved, and it’s just a good, fun, fantasy read and I love the whole characters from books come to life thing, and the characters inside the book being like actors, I found that really cool, so I’m looking forward to seeing what this new installment has in store.
4. All My Secrets-Sophie McKenzie-I basically have anything Sophie McKenzie writes on auto buy by now, I’m so addicted to her writing, although I hate to say that I haven’t read last year’s release Trust In Me yet, but I am hoping to finish it over the summer so that I can get to this one (not that I have to read it first, the two books aren’t related, but I like to read books in release order!). It sounds like an intriguing mystery, and I hope it will be just as exciting and addictive as most of her books have been. I don’t have to wait much longer for this one, it releases on July 2nd.
5. Living Color-Jodi Picoult-Jodi Picoult is another of my auto buy authors, unless I’m really not interested in the subject matter of the book, then I’ll read it. This one seems really interesting, you don’t tend to find that many books about race issues (or at least I haven’t read many, correct me if I’m wrong) and it sounds like it’s going to be a good book, I feel like she hasn’t published a book with a court case in a while, and I’ve always enjoyed the courtroom dramas, & given that, plus the subject matter of the book, I feel like this is one I’ll really enjoy. It is set to be released 5th November.
6. Demon Road-Derek Landy-I was initially hesitant about this, as I don’t want to make unfair comparisons to Skulduggery Pleasant, but having read what the book is about, demons, it doesn’t sound all that similar so I hope that I won’t make unfair comparisons. It sounds exciting though, lots of supernatural elements, a chase across America, with the same witty dialogue as Skulduggery Pleasant, so after some initials doubts on my part, I’m really excited for this. Plus, I’m actually going to meet Derek Landy as he will be at YALC (Young Adult Lit Convention), the same day that I’m going, so as you can imagine, I’m insanely excited about that. This book is set to be released on 28th August.
7. Unbound-Neal Shusterman-This is going to be a collection of short stories. Usually I don’t read this kind of thing, but I love this universe so much, so I’m really excited. So excited in fact, that I downloaded the free Kindle reading app for my PC as this is only available on Kindle or Kindle apps. I’m tired of missing out on books I’m excited for because I don’t have a Kindle, so hopefully with this app, I will no longer have to miss out on things that I’m excited for that are only released in e-book format. I loved Undivided, so I’m really excited to check in with all these characters that I love so much. This releases 15th December, so I still have a while to wait, but rest assured, I will be downloading it as soon as it releases (or possibly pre-ordering, I don’t know).
8. Ink & Bone-Rachel Caine-I love books that are about books, plus I read a really great arc review of this, which got me really excited about it. The synopsis sounds great, I love the premise of the survival of the Great Library of Alexandria, and the whole idea of books from the library being illegal and the whole idea of the main male character being a spy inside the library is really cool. Basically, it sounds like a great fantasy and you all know how much I love fantasy so I’m really excited for this one. It releases 7th July.
9. The Secret Fire-CJ Daugherty-I haven’t read anything by this author before (he and Rachel Caine are the two new authors in my list, I’ve read books by all the others before) but this novel sounds really intriguing, I love the idea of the guy who can’t die, that’s really cool and the whole race against time aspect sounds really exciting, so I’m really looking forward to checking out this book. It is going to be released on 3rd September.
10. Night Break (Young Sherlock Holmes 8)-Andrew Lane-I’ve been really enjoying this series, and while the last book wasn’t my favourite installment, I’m really excited for this one. I like the sound of the synopsis for this one, it seems like there will be more Holmes family drama, with the entire family, which sounds interesting as we don’t know much about the rest of Sherlock’s family, aside from Mycroft, and the mystery of the disappearing man and the canal in Egypt sounds intriguing, so I’m looking forward to it. This will be released on 1oth September.
So that’s my top ten for this week. Are any of mine on your list? Are there any new releases you’re excited for that I might like? What was on your top ten list this week? Leave your links in the comments!
I will be back with another Top Ten list next week, I’m going to do my top ten villians, as I already did books on my Summer TBR a couple of weeks ago, so I hope you all enjoy that, but before that, I’ll have another Wishlist Wednesday for you all tomorrow.
Oh! You have a lot of books I haven’t seen on other’s list. Well, maybe I’ve seen the Maas book, which keeps vividly reminding me that I need to read at least one Maas book sometime or another. I’ve been recommended the Young Sherlock series and another Sherlock series that puts him at an even younger age as a recommendation for my son.
Yeah I had a feeling Queen Of Shadows
would be appearing everywhere today. Yes, I would definitely recommend trying Maas at some point or another. Yes, Young Sherlock is a great series, a good introduction to Sherlock I think.
I’ve been looking forward to Ink & Bone too – I’ll have to check out some of the others on your list!
I’m so glad I read that ARC review of it, otherwise I never would have known about it! Yeah you should, I’d recommend all of the authors (that I’ve already read books from) from my list.
I haven’t read any of Lane’s young sherlock novels, but I may have to give them a chance.
They’re pretty good.
My younger sister and I used to read Meg Cabot’s series about Mia Thermopolis, it has seriously been too long and I would love to see how it ends! I am so far behind in keeping up with Jodi Picoult, I fell in love with her writing when I read The Pact but just haven’t kept up with her though I have many of her novels on my tablet. You have quite a few listed that I am not familiar with that I will be checking out, especially Ink & Bone because books about books are amazing! Excellent list!
Thanks! It has been ages, and I’m definitely excited for this new installment. I always wanted a Mia/Michael wedding. I got obsessed after reading My Sister’s Keeper, but The Pact is another one of my favourites. Ink and Bone does sound brilliant, I hope we both like it.
I should have put Ink and Bone on my list too. I’m looking forward to that one!
It sounds great, I’m really excited too!
Aww I want to read Royal Wedding too. That series is such a chunk of my childhood that I would feel incomplete without reading it! Also really interested in Demon Road too!
I haven’t read a Princess Diaries book in so long, it will be good to remind myself why I liked the series! Demon Road sounds great, plus it’s Derek Landy, so it’s bound to be good.
I haven’t read The Princess Diaries for such a long time but I too am looking forward to reading “A Royal Wedding”. Is it going to be the last book in the series? Queen of Shadows, yes! I still need to read Heir of Fire but hopefully I’ll read that this month and then be ready to plunge into this book.
Me either! Umm I don’t know, I haven’t heard about any planned sequels but there could be, who knows? I am so freaking excited for Queen of Shadows! You still have plenty of time for Heir of Fire, a nice way to tide you over until QOS is released, plus this way it will be fresh in your mind!
I’m a fan of Rachel Caine’s books and will have to keep an eye out for Ink & Bone. And ahhhh Queen of Shadows! Happy reading 🙂
I’ve never read any of her books before, but this book sounds so good and I always love finding new authors so I hope I enjoy it. I know!!!!! Probably my most anticipated book of the year! Happy reading to you too!
I just finished Throne of Glass last night and am so excited that the fourth book is coming out soon, even though I have a lot of catching up to do! But, it means that I will have plenty of Sarah J. Maas material to keep me occupied 🙂
You’ve got time, it’s not out for another 3 and a bit months yet, and like you said, it means lots of Sarah J Maas which is never a bad thing!😃
Ink and Bone sounds highly intriguing. Great list! 🙂
Yeah, I think so too! Thanks.
so many great picks! i just purchased Between The Lines so i’m glad to see you enjoyed it!!
❤ Britt @ please feed the bookworm
Yeah it was great! I hope you enjoy it just as much!
QUEEN OF SHADOWS, yes! I’ve been seeing it on everyone’s list (including mine!) for good reason!
Probably the book I’m most excited for on this list! It’s going to be epic!
I’m very excited about Ink and Bone as well! Great list, hope you get to read them all:-)
I hope so too!
I’ve only read one Young Holmes book. I think I might read a few of the sequels.
They’re really good, you should.
I just added the Princess Diaries to my tbr list because of her new book. I can’t wait to marathon read them all. Nice list.
They’ll be a fun series to marathon read! Hope you enjoy! Thank you.
Ink and Bone is definitely going on my TBR list. It sounds fantastic! I need to read Between the Lines and I’ll probably be picking up the new Jodi Picoult too. I didn’t realize she had one releasing this fall or what it was about.
Yes it does! Between The Lines is great, and hopefully the new one will be too. Yeah, she has a new adult book releasing every year pretty much, I found out about it after reading Leaving Time but I didn’t know the release date until doing this post so now I’m even more excited!
Oh, I need INK & BONE! How did I forget to add that to my list?!
Don’t worry, I’ve been doing that too, looking at other people’s lists and seeing books I’m really excited for, and wondering, how did I miss that off?!!!
So excited for Queen of Shadows! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Me too! No problem.
Queen of Shadows is literally everywhere! Just cements the fact more that I need to read Heir of Fire!
Yes you do! It’s brilliant!
I completely forgot about Unbound–I just finished Undivided and LOVED it. I don’t tend to read a lot of Kindle books but I’ll have to make an exception for that one. Great list! And thanks for reading my post!
Ellie @ Spellbound
Neither do I, I don’t even have a kindle, I had to download the free kindle reading app specifically so I could get Unbound, I’ve been excited for it for ages, and I didn’t want to not be able to read it! Thanks! No problem.
I have Royal Wedding on my TBR too.
Hope you enjoy it when you read it.
I recently discovered Off the Page! And I think Sarah J Maas was a popular one this week 😀
Did you like it? Yeah I think Queen of Shadows is one of the most anticipated books of the year!
I haven’t read it yet!
Oh sorry! Hope you enjoy it then!
I hadn’t heard about Ink & Bone until I was reading peoples’ TTT posts yesterday, but it looks soooo good! And I’m excited about a new Jodi Picoult book. The last book of hers that I read was The Storyteller, and I think it’s my favorite so far.
It does sound awesome doesn’t it? Me too, I look forward to it every year! The Storyteller is one of my favourite Jodi Picoult book, but I have to admit My Sister’s Keeper is still my ultimate favourite. The Storyteller is definitely in the top five though!
Ink and Bone sounds amazing! I’ve added it to my neverending TBR. 🙂
I know, my TBR has grown by at least ten books after this week’s TTT!
I recently discovered Off The Page and I kinda want to read it! It sounds like a lot of fun. 🙂
Yay for Queen of Shadows! I can’t wait! Ink & Bone sounds really good, I’ll have to check it out when the time comes. x
Me either! Yeah you should.
*flails because THIS LIST* Yesss to like almost all of these! They’re all on my TBR too. XD I literally am dying for Derek Landy’s new book, though, of course, I need to finish Skulduggery yet. 0-0 I have like 3 books left but I’m really nervous to finish BECAUSE FEELS. Oh! oh! I’m pretty desperate for Queen of Shadows too. *nods*
Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!
Glad we have a lot of these in common! Me too, I can’t wait! Yes, there are lots of feels in the last books, but they’re really good. I understand the nervousness though! Yes, I am so desperate for Queen of Shadows, I’ve been wanting it ever since I finished Heir of Fire. No problem, thanks for stopping by here!
I am so very excited for Off the Page! The premisse sounds like a dream come true… Now if only I could bring some of MY favourite characters to life, I would be forever happy.
Everyone seems to have chosen Queen of Shadows in this TTT, so I guess this is a sign I should pick up Crown of Midnight soon 🙂
You picked lots of books I didn’t know but I’ll have to check them out!
It does sound so cool! I would love to bring some of my favourite characters to life too! Yes you should, Crown of Midnight is great (not as good as Heir of Fire but great). I would recommend all of these, if you check any of them out, I hope you enjoy them.
I have never heard of The Secret Fire, but I know a Fishpond preorder now with my name on it!
Thanks for visiting my TTT! 🙂
Glad to have helped you find a new book to read. No problem, thanks for visiting mine!
I really like the Young Sherlock Holmes series too! It doesn’t seem to get much love in the blogosphere, so I’m glad to hear you like it too! I just read the fourth one, as that is the newest one to be readily available in the U.S. I didn’t know there was already seven out and an eighth one on the way. And YAY! Queen of Shadows!!
Thanks for stopping by the The Local Muse
I know right? I didn’t know any other bloggers who liked Young Sherlock Holmes so it’s great to meet you! Yeah this is one of the few times that living in the UK has paid off for me, since Andrew Lane is a UK author, all the books are published here. I hope you enjoy the rest of them when they are published in the US. I know! Queen of Shadows is probably my most anticipated read of the entire year (it was The Raven King but then that got pushed back so it’s my most anticipated read of next year instead!). No problem, thanks for stopping by here!
Yes! I cannot wait to read Queen of Shadows! I need it now!!
Me too! September seems so far away, I’m counting down the days till this release!
YES, Queen of Darkness! Also, I read Meg Cabot’s Princess Diaries series when I was in middle school! I really liked it, but haven’t read anything of hers since! But if they’re as good or better, I probably should.
So excited for it! I read Princess Diaries a
while ago too, and I too haven’t read anything of hers since, but I’m quite excited for this one, it will be nice to catch up with all the characters again and see how they’ve changed.
I’m intrigued to read Ink and Bone too as the synopsis sounds really interesting. Great list and thanks for checking out my blog! 😉
That’s what I thought too. Thanks! No problem, thanks for checking out mine.
Cannot wait for Queen of Shadows and Off the Page. They both just sound so amazing! I will have to check out Unbound because I also am a huge fan of that world. 🙂
I’m sure they will be amazing. It’s great to meet fellow fans of Neal Shusterman’s work, I don’t know that many! I’m sure Unbound will be awesome.
Yay Queen of Shadows! A friend told me the Young Sherlock Holmes books were good but I haven’t read those. They sound like a lot of fun 🙂
– Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk
I’m so excited for Queen of Shadows, it’s my most anticipated release of the year! They are good, and a lot of fun, you should check them out.
So your list made me want to check out two series: The Princess Diaries series which I haven’t read since I was in middle school and The Young Sherlock Holmes series. I actually have never heard of this series and I love Sherlock Holmes!! Great list. 🙂
Thanks! I’m glad you’ve found some series to read from it!
Royal Wedding is EVERYTHING! I was so excited for it that I reread the first 10 books plus novellas just to prepare, and it was amazing! Hope you can get to it soon 🙂
I hope so too! I’m not sure I’ll have time to reread the entire series, but I might reread the last book just to remind myself of what happened as it’s been a while!
Most of these aren’t my thing, but I am looking forward to the new Sarah J. Maas!
Fair enough, we probably have different reading tastes. Yes! Me too!
Can’t wait to read Queen of Shadows as well! The others are not genres that I usually read, though. Loved the Princess Diaries movies but I know that doesn’t count!
-Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA
Yes! So excited for that one! Fair enough, we probably have different taste in books. I loved the Princess Diaries movies too (actually more than the books!)
Meg Cabot is bae!!! I didn’t even know she wrote another book to add to the series. That and hearing a possible Princess Diaries 3 is making me super giddy!!!
I didn’t realise there was possibly going to be a Princess Diaries 3 movie, I hope it happens!