I love this week’s topic! I know, I know, I say that basically every week, but it’s so much fun to be able to share the new releases I’m looking forward to with all of you, since obviously I mostly talk about books I’ve already read, it’s fun to share the new things that I’m excited for, and to see if any of you are excited for the same releases that I am. So let’s get started shall we? These are my top ten (at least I will try to keep it to ten!) releases that I am excited for, for the rest of this year.
1. Royal Wedding-Meg Cabot-Okay, so I know this one has already been released, so it’s kind of cheating, but it was only released last week in the UK and I’m really looking forward to reading it, so I think it still counts. It’s been a couple of years since I read the last book in the series, so may have to reread, or at least remind myself of the plot before I go onto this one, but I think I remember the general gist of what happened. I thought after the last book that there was still room to expand in the story, so I’m excited to see what’s in store for Mia next.
2. Queen Of Shadows-Sarah J Maas-You all must have known this one was coming! I am so freaking excited for this book, I can’t even tell you. The end of the last book was so evil, and left me with so many questions, and I’m so excited to see where she takes the story in this book, because it feels like after the last book that the stakes have been raised, & the action is well and truly starting now, so I can’t wait. This book releases 1st September, only three more months to go!
3. Off The Page-Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer-Again, this book has already released but it was only a few days ago, and I’m really excited for it! It’s the sequel to Between The Lines, which I loved, and it’s just a good, fun, fantasy read and I love the whole characters from books come to life thing, and the characters inside the book being like actors, I found that really cool, so I’m looking forward to seeing what this new installment has in store.
4. All My Secrets-Sophie McKenzie-I basically have anything Sophie McKenzie writes on auto buy by now, I’m so addicted to her writing, although I hate to say that I haven’t read last year’s release Trust In Me yet, but I am hoping to finish it over the summer so that I can get to this one (not that I have to read it first, the two books aren’t related, but I like to read books in release order!). It sounds like an intriguing mystery, and I hope it will be just as exciting and addictive as most of her books have been. I don’t have to wait much longer for this one, it releases on July 2nd.
5. Living Color-Jodi Picoult-Jodi Picoult is another of my auto buy authors, unless I’m really not interested in the subject matter of the book, then I’ll read it. This one seems really interesting, you don’t tend to find that many books about race issues (or at least I haven’t read many, correct me if I’m wrong) and it sounds like it’s going to be a good book, I feel like she hasn’t published a book with a court case in a while, and I’ve always enjoyed the courtroom dramas, & given that, plus the subject matter of the book, I feel like this is one I’ll really enjoy. It is set to be released 5th November.
6. Demon Road-Derek Landy-I was initially hesitant about this, as I don’t want to make unfair comparisons to Skulduggery Pleasant, but having read what the book is about, demons, it doesn’t sound all that similar so I hope that I won’t make unfair comparisons. It sounds exciting though, lots of supernatural elements, a chase across America, with the same witty dialogue as Skulduggery Pleasant, so after some initials doubts on my part, I’m really excited for this. Plus, I’m actually going to meet Derek Landy as he will be at YALC (Young Adult Lit Convention), the same day that I’m going, so as you can imagine, I’m insanely excited about that. This book is set to be released on 28th August.
7. Unbound-Neal Shusterman-This is going to be a collection of short stories. Usually I don’t read this kind of thing, but I love this universe so much, so I’m really excited. So excited in fact, that I downloaded the free Kindle reading app for my PC as this is only available on Kindle or Kindle apps. I’m tired of missing out on books I’m excited for because I don’t have a Kindle, so hopefully with this app, I will no longer have to miss out on things that I’m excited for that are only released in e-book format. I loved Undivided, so I’m really excited to check in with all these characters that I love so much. This releases 15th December, so I still have a while to wait, but rest assured, I will be downloading it as soon as it releases (or possibly pre-ordering, I don’t know).
8. Ink & Bone-Rachel Caine-I love books that are about books, plus I read a really great arc review of this, which got me really excited about it. The synopsis sounds great, I love the premise of the survival of the Great Library of Alexandria, and the whole idea of books from the library being illegal and the whole idea of the main male character being a spy inside the library is really cool. Basically, it sounds like a great fantasy and you all know how much I love fantasy so I’m really excited for this one. It releases 7th July.
9. The Secret Fire-CJ Daugherty-I haven’t read anything by this author before (he and Rachel Caine are the two new authors in my list, I’ve read books by all the others before) but this novel sounds really intriguing, I love the idea of the guy who can’t die, that’s really cool and the whole race against time aspect sounds really exciting, so I’m really looking forward to checking out this book. It is going to be released on 3rd September.
10. Night Break (Young Sherlock Holmes 8)-Andrew Lane-I’ve been really enjoying this series, and while the last book wasn’t my favourite installment, I’m really excited for this one. I like the sound of the synopsis for this one, it seems like there will be more Holmes family drama, with the entire family, which sounds interesting as we don’t know much about the rest of Sherlock’s family, aside from Mycroft, and the mystery of the disappearing man and the canal in Egypt sounds intriguing, so I’m looking forward to it. This will be released on 1oth September.
So that’s my top ten for this week. Are any of mine on your list? Are there any new releases you’re excited for that I might like? What was on your top ten list this week? Leave your links in the comments!
I will be back with another Top Ten list next week, I’m going to do my top ten villians, as I already did books on my Summer TBR a couple of weeks ago, so I hope you all enjoy that, but before that, I’ll have another Wishlist Wednesday for you all tomorrow.