Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is another freebie, meaning that I can decide the topic (I love these, it’s so much fun to see all the different ideas that people come up with!) and so the topic I’ve decided to do today is Top Ten Female Harry Potter Characters. I don’t know if I’ll actually make it to ten, but I will give it my best shot!
1. Hermione Granger-If you weren’t expecting her to be on here then you seriously don’t know me at all. As she’s been on one of my top ten lists previously and I’ve done a Friday Favourites about her, I won’t explain why she’s on here. I think the fact that she is Hermione Granger is reason enough!
2. Ginny Weasley-Film Ginny does not nearly capture the brilliance of book Ginny. Ginny in the books was feisty, she had her own signature hex (bat bogey hex anyone?) and is a gifted witch in her own right, she’s great at quidditch, and she refuses to be left out of the fight against Voldemort and his death eaters. She dates several guys and is not ashamed of it even when her brothers tease her. She is so much more gutsy in the books than in the movies!
3. Luna Lovegood-I love Luna, she’s quirky, but completely comfortable being like that and she won’t apologise for how she is, she lives her life the way she wants to and likes what she likes no matter what people tell her. She won’t try to change herself just so people like her, which is a great quality that everyone should have. She’s sweet, loyal, brave and kind of brilliant in her own way, she’s a great example of someone who will be whatever she wants to be.
4. Molly Weasley-Ah, one of my favourite fictional mothers. Again, I’ve done an entire post on her so you can see that for more details, but I love how warm and loving she is and how willing she is to open her heart and her home to Harry and Hermione. She’s just such an awesome mother who will do anything to protect her children.
5. Minerva McGonagall-Again, she was on my top ten list a couple of weeks ago, one of my favourite Hogwarts professors, with her strict demeanour and dry sense of humour but ultimately caring heart and of course, her duelling skills aren’t too shabby either!
6. Nymphadora Tonks-I loved Tonks’ metamorphagic abilities, it would be so cool to be able to do something like that! She’s a great witch and extremely brave, given her line of work as an auror. I also love how bubbly and enthusiastic she was. She’s one of those characters that I wish had been explored more in the films.
Okay, I hate to say, but six was actually all I could come up with! I think these six are definitely the best HP females though, so better six great ones than six great ones and four not so good ones. Do you agree? Is there anyone else you think that I should have added but didn’t? Let me know! Next week is Top Ten Books I Plan to have in my beach bag over the summer, so I’m going to do books from my TBR that I hope to read over the summer since that makes the most sense. I will be back with another TTT next week, but tomorrow is Wishlist Wednesday, so look out for that to see what else is currently on my wishlist!