Hey guys! I have another Top Ten Tuesday for all of you this week, courtesy of the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s prompt was Top Ten Childhood Characters You’d Like To Revisit As Adults, but we were allowed to interpret the prompt in whatever way we’d like, so instead, I’m going to do Top Ten YA Characters I’d Like To Revisit In Ten Years, since I thought that would be easier for me to think of lots of characters for and I’ve always thought I’d love to see how my favourite YA characters turned out as adults. So here we are, the Top Ten YA Characters I’d Like To Revisit In Ten Years:
- Harry, Ron & Hermione-Harry Potter Series-I know we get to have a brief glimpse of the trio as adults in the epilogue of Deathly Hallows, but I’d love to get to see more of them as adults and what all of their lives were like after Voldemort was defeated.
- Connor and Risa-The Unwind Dystology-I’d really love to see how they ended up after unwinding was stopped. We get a hint of it Unbound, where Grace suggests that they might be sailing around on a yacht in the Mediterranean, but I’d love to actually see that, them spending their days sailing around on a yacht, kids running around on the deck, it would be a beautiful end to their story.
- Percy and Annabeth-Percy Jackson Series-I would love to see where they ended up ten years later! In my head, ten years later Percy and Annabeth are married and live in The Big House at Camp Half-Blood (I know they said they were going to go to New Rome for college, but in my head, they always end up at Camp Half-Blood), with two troublemaking kids and they spend their days training young demigods. I would definitely love to see grown up Percy and Annabeth!
- Peeta and Katniss-The Hunger Games-Sure we get a glimpse of them and their kids in the epilogue of Mockingjay, but I’d like to see what happened between the end of the war and the epilogue, I’d like to see their wedding and them having their kids and what a peaceful Panem looks like.
- The Raven Boys Gang-The Raven Cycle-Okay, I guess this is kind of cheating since I haven’t yet finished The Raven King, but I love these characters (if Gansey dies, I may just die a little inside but no spoilers please! Seriously I’ve only read the first ten chapters, so no spoilers in the comments) and would love to see them all in ten years time. Hopefully they’d all still be friends.
- Partridge, Lyda, Pressia and El Capitan-Pure Trilogy-The ending of Burn was very open, so it would be great to come back to these characters and see what their lives were like ten years from the end of the story. (*spoilers for the trilogy* I’d like to see if Lyda and Partridge end up together, I’d like to see their child, if they had a boy or a girl, if Pressia ever meets her dad, if Arvin ever creates a cure for the fusings, if the Pures and the wretches ever lived in harmony together). Basically I want all the answers I didn’t get at the end of the trilogy.
- Liesel Meminger-The Book Thief-She’s a character after my own heart, I think all of us can relate to how much she loves books and just words in general. I would love to see how she turned out ten years later. She would definitely be a writer ten years later, that much I can say I’m pretty certain of, but I’d definitely like to see what else goes on in her life.
- Valerie Leftman-Hate List-The ending to Hate List was very open, so I would love to catch up with Val ten years later and see what happened to her after she graduated, whether she went to college or if she didn’t do that, then what she did and whether she found love again after Nick, whether her family forgave her etc. It would be really great to catch up with her ten years later.
- Aelin Ashryver Galathynius (Celaena)-Throne of Glass Series-Okay so this series isn’t actually over yet, there’s still two more books to come, but already I know that I’d love to revisit Aelin in ten years and see her queening it up in Terrasen. Most people would probably say they’d want to see who she’d end up with, but really I just want to see her ruling over her kingdom and being all badass.
- Skulduggery Pleasant-Skulduggery Pleasant Series-Skulduggery is a skeleton, he’s dead, he can’t die again, therefore you have infinite potential for adventures. I would love to see where my favourite skeleton detective was in another ten years, whether he was still having adventures with Valkyrie or if he’d found someone else to have adventures with. I’d like to think he and Val were still out there saving the world ten years later, even if I wasn’t that keen on Val, they always made a great team.
- Sephy Hadley-Noughts and Crosses Series-I’d like to see if she finally got her happy ending, she went through so much during the series and I’d love to see her finally settled down and happy (though obviously no one would ever compete with Callum), which we do get a hint of in Double Cross, but I’d like to actually see it happen.
- Hayden Upchurch-Unwind Dystology-We get to see a little of what his life is like after the Unwind Dystology in Unbound, but I’d love to see him ten years later. He would definitely be a multi-millionaire and a huge celebrity (as he is in Unbound) still, with his own television show as well as a radio show I reckon. No idea where he’d be romantically, but he’d still be as hilarious as ever(I hope!).
- Leo Valdez-Heroes of Olympus series-My second favourite Rick Riordan character after Percy. I’m not really sure where he’d be ten years down the line, would he still be with Calypso? Maybe. I’d love to see where he was ten years later though, and what wacky inventions he’d come up with next.
- Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano-Heroes of Olympus series-Would she have found love ten years later? I’m not sure but I what I do hope is that ten years later she would still be just as awesome.
- Artemis Fowl-Artemis Fowl series-Ten years after the end of the series, I reckon he would still be a criminal mastermind, perhaps leader of a mob gang? I’m not sure but I reckon he would have found his way back to Holly and would have continued using his evil genius to help the fairy folk. Seeing him ten years later would definitely be awesome though, whatever he was doing.
- Kat’s Gang-Heist Society-I would love to see what these guys were up to ten years later, I reckon Kat and Hale would be married and Kat would have finally found out what Hale’s first name is, and she, Gabrielle, Hale, Simon and the Bagshaw brothers are a pretty cool group. I reckon they’d still be doing heists together even ten years later and if any of them had kids, they’d take their kids along and start training the next generation.
- Four-Divergent Trilogy-After the end of Allegiant (yes that one), I’d be really interested to see where Four was ten years after, though I’m not sure I can predict anything from his future without spoiling the end of Allegiant for those out there who haven’t read it.
- Ketty, Nico, Ed and Dylan-The Medusa Project-After the ending of this series which was very open, I would be interested to see where the four teens ended up ten years down the line, especially if they had kids, it would be interesting to see if their kids inherited their psychic abilities.
I could probably think of more, but I’ve already gone over, so I think I’ll end it there! What characters would you like to see as adults? Where do you reckon your favourite characters would be? Would you like to see any of these characters ten years later? Let me know in the comments! Next week’s topic is meant to be Ten Websites I Love That Aren’t About Books, but I’m not really feeling that particular topic, so instead of that, I’m going to do Top Ten Sequels I’m Dying To Read as there’s always plenty of sequels that I’m wanting to read! That’s next week, but in the meantime, I will have my latest #RockMyTBR update for you guys really soon, so stay tuned for that.