Today marks a year (exactly a year to the day!) since I started this feature! It seems to have gone so quickly! Anyway, today (21st June) is the officially beginning of summer here in Britain (although you wouldn’t think it if you saw our weather!). This post will cover from 20th March-20th June.
Image from this Spring:
This is a picture from the beginning of May of me and my friend from Uni, Nicola (who is going to be my flatmate this year, she’s great and loves books as much as I do!) when I went to stay with her for a few days. We went to Edinburgh on one of the days and this picture was taken in Princes Street Gardens.
Favourite Quote From A Book You Read This Spring:
“He was a book, and he was holding his final pages, and he wanted to get to the end to find out how it went, and he didn’t want it to be over.” -The Raven King, Maggie Stiefvater
I chose this book out of all the others, because it was my favourite of the books I’ve read this Spring, and also because it’s the quote that pretty much summed up how I felt about this book whilst I was reading it!
This Spring In One Word:
Most Popular Review This Spring:
I’ve read 5 books in the period that this post covers, not as many as my last rewind, but still good! (and technically it’s 5 1/2 since I’m about halfway through Graceling already). My most popular review this Spring was The Raven King, which was kind of what I was expecting to be honest, since my reviews of more high profile books tend to be more popular!
Top Two Books I Read This Spring:
I had to choose between a couple for this as I’ve read some really good books in the past few months! Still I narrowed it down to these two between the five that I’ve read (though honestly, I’ve enjoyed them all) as they stand out above the rest:
- The Raven King-Maggie Stiefvater-Hands down my favourite read from the past three months, and my only five star one, I really loved this series ender! It was definitely worth the 18 month wait!
- Code Name Verity-Elizabeth Wein-Man I can’t believe I waited so long to read this book! It was incredible. Totally heartbreaking, I’m not going to lie, but completely incredible. One of the best WWII fiction books I’ve ever read, definitely.
Two Things I’m Looking Forward To This Summer:
- Going to YALC!-I am returning to YALC for my second time this year (after last year’s very successful first trip) with my friend Hannah again, and there were so many authors we wanted to see this year that we are going on both Saturday and Sunday! A whole weekend of bookish fun. I am so excited!
- Going to Harry Potter Studios-It’s my friend Nicola’s (the one in the picture at the top of the post, on the left) birthday in August and me, her and our other friend and flatmate Rebecca are going to the Harry Potter Studios. I am so excited, I can’t even! I’ve been wanting to go there forever!
Three New Obsessions This Spring:
I always find it really hard to think of things for this, but I’m going to try:
- Switched At Birth-If you’re following me on Twitter, you’ll know that I started watching Switched At Birth recently and I’m really enjoying it! So much so, that I’ve started trying to learn some BSL (British Sign Language).
- Paper Fury-Okay so I’ve read some of Cait’s blog posts before this spring, but it was really only her TTT posts, this spring, I actually started following her blog and it’s so great!
- Hairspray-So I’ve always liked Hairspray, but this Spring, I think I’ve taken my love for it to a whole new level! I know all the songs and I’ve watched it more times in the past few months than I care to admit.
Five Most Popular Blog Posts This Spring:
As always my Top Five Most Popular Blog Posts this Spring are all Top Ten Tuesday posts, you guys really seem to like these posts, they’re always my most popular ones!:
- Top Ten Tuesday #61-My most popular post from the last few months was the one I did last week, of the releases I’m most looking forward to in the second half of 2016. Hopefully I enjoy them, when I finally get around to reading them!
2. Top Ten Tuesday #60-My second most popular post is from 2 week ago, when I talked about all the reasons why I love the Unwind dystology. I’m so happy this one was so popular because I love this series and I hope I helped more people discover it!
3. Top Ten Tuesday #55-This one was about YA characters I’d like to revisit in ten years and I’m happy this one was so popular because it was one of my favourite ones to do! I loved speculating about where my favourite characters will be in ten years!
4. Top Ten Tuesday #54-This was my post about reasons I love being a bookworm, I’m definitely glad that this one was so popular, it was great to share all of the reasons that I love reading on my blog!
5. Top Ten Tuesday #57-This one was about books that I picked up on a whim and I thought I’d find it difficult, but it turns out, I’ve picked up a lot more books on a whim than I thought I had!
Five Posts I Loved On Other Blogs This Spring:
Again, I’ve managed to keep track of the posts I’ve enjoyed this Spring using bookmarking, so I don’t have to try and remember the stuff I’ve enjoyed off the top of my head. As always, this will be non-review posts I’ve enjoyed:
- Cait @ Paper Fury talked about what we really do as book bloggers and I thought it was a really great post because I’m not sure if people outside of the book blogging community realise how much we do!
2. Jess @ Princessia of Books talked about ARCs and the trouble that they can sometimes cause in our community and I thought it was a really great and insightful post.
3. Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight did a post about judging books by their title and I found it so funny, because some of the things that she thought books were about based on their titles were hilarious.
4. Cait @ Paper Fury did a post about translating what a bookworm is saying and it’s incredibly hilarious and you should read it right now!
5. Nikki @ Fiction Freak did a post about Being a YA and it’s so perfect and so true!
Five Things That Happened This Spring:
- One of my best friends, Ellie, came to visit me at Uni in Stirling for the first time at the beginning of May, we had such a blast! It was so great to see her and get to catch up and show her my Uni.
- I went to see Jersey Boys with my family over Easter break.
- I spent a few days at my friend Nicola’s house before I came back home for the summer break and we had such a blast! Living together next year is going to be so much fun.
- I went to see Coldplay with my family (two days ago actually, so it just makes this post!) and it was so amazing! They were incredible.
- I finished my first year of Uni! I am officially no longer a fresher!
Six Songs I Listened To Way Too Often This Spring
- Without Love-Hairspray-This is my favourite song from the movie and every time I watch it (which is a lot!), this song gets stuck in my head and I keep singing it over and over!
- Wild Card-Nashville-This song is really catchy and has been stuck in my head ever since I first heard it.
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You-Frankie Valli-I saw Jersey Boys this Spring and this song has been stuck in my head ever since (plus it’s given me an excuse to watch 10 Things I Hate About You more, just so I can watch the scene where Heath Ledger sings this song, which is my favourite part of the movie!).
- Casino-Nashville-Yes, I know this was on my list last time, but I can’t help it, I love this song!
- Up and Up-Coldplay-This song has been on the radio all the time since I’ve been back from Uni, so naturally I’ve listened to it a lot!
- Hole In The World-Nashville-I love this song, the lyrics and Hayden Panettiere’s voice are both so beautiful!
So that’s my Quarterly Rewind for Spring, what do you guys think? What have you enjoyed most on my blog this Spring? And most importantly, what have you guys been up to this Spring? Let me know in the comments!