Hey everyone! I’m back with another Top Ten Tuesday for you all, courtesy of the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is all about music and books, but it’s very open ended so basically as long as what you choose has something to do with music and books, then you’re good! I wasn’t sure if I was going to do this topic or not as I was having a hard time thinking of what to do, but after looking at other people’s lists for inspiration, I decided to do Songs That Would Make Great Books as it seemed like a fun topic to do! So here we go, these are the songs that I think would make great books:
- Love Will Find A Way-The Lion King 2-I can imagine this as a great star crossed lovers story (which works well in the context of the movie anyway, as it was based on Romeo and Juliet) of a guy and girl from rival families who overcome the rivalry and fall in love, but hopefully with a happier ending than Romeo and Juliet.
- Dear John-Taylor Swift-The lyrics of this song seem like they’re telling a story anyway, so I reckon it would make a pretty good book. Forbidden high school student/teacher romance anyone?
- Mary’s Song-Taylor Swift-This would be such a cute childhood sweetheart romance, you could follow a pair of kids right through their romance from when they are kids right up until they are old.
- All Too Well-Taylor Swift-This song is so beautiful and I reckon it would make a beautiful but tragic love story, following a relationship from the beginning until it all falls apart.
- Just Another Song-Lucy Hale-Another beautiful song that would make a a great story, you could start with a girl listening to this song that reminds her of her former boyfriend and the story could be told in flashback format, showing how their relationship started up until the eventual end.
- Unpretty-TLC-This one would be a story of a teenage girl overcoming an eating disorder I feel like.
- The Story of Us-Taylor Swift-I feel like this would be a story about a couple learning to cope with each other after a divorce.
- Torn-Natalie Imbruglia-I think this song lends itself very well to a story about an abusive relationship.
- The Show Must Go On-Queen-This would be a story about someone with a terminal illness, fighting to do everything that they want before they die.
- White Horse-Taylor Swift-This is one of my favourite songs, and I reckon it would lend itself really well to a twisted version of a fairytale.
- All Of The Stars-Ed Sheeran-This would be a story of two people in a long distance relationship, trying to make it work.
- Better Than Revenge-Taylor Swift-This would be a fun, high school cliquey type story, of several girls from different cliques fighting over the same guy.
- Breathe-Taylor Swift-A story about a widow trying to carry on after her husband’s death.
- Haven’t Met You Yet-Michael Buble-The story of a heartbroken guy who thinks he will never find love again, randomly coming across a beautiful girl who changes his mind.
- Haunted-Taylor Swift-I feel like this song would make a great story about a rape victim trying to get on with their life after the attack.
- Faithfully-Journey-I love the idea of a story about a couple living on the road, like a couple in a travelling circus or something.
- Just A Kiss-Lady Antebellum-I reckon this would be a story about two friends who fall in love but try to hide it because they don’t want to ruin their friendship.
- A Thousand Miles-Vanessa Carlton-I think this song would make a great story about a couple in a wartime setting, separated due to the war who find their way back to each other.
- Need You Now-Lady Antebellum-I’m not really sure what the book that would be based on this song would be, but it’s a great song, so I’m sure there’s a book there somewhere.
- So Close-Enchanted-This would be a story about two people who fall in love but the timing is always wrong and they never quite manage to make it work.
I could probably do more but I’ve already gone so over, so I reckon now’s a good place to stop before I go too crazy! What did everyone else do for their music and book themed topic this week? Let me know in the comments!
Next week’s topic is Ten Books That I Enjoyed Recently That Were Out of My Comfort Zone, but to be honest, I haven’t read all that many books in the last year or so that were what I would describe as out of my comfort zone, so instead, I’ve decided I’m going to do Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little. In the meantime though, I have just finished Red Queen, so I will have a review of that up for you guys very soon.