I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and is enjoying this weird period between Christmas and New Year, where you’re not quite sure what day or date it is because of the craziness that is Christmas! Anyway, I’m back with another Top Ten Tuesday this week, my last one of 2015 (can you believe it’s almost 2016 already because I can’t!) and quite appropriately, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday looks forward to the fantastic new releases of the first half of 2016 (I assume this means up to June!). So here we go, these are the new releases I am most looking forward to in 2016:
- The Raven King-Maggie Stiefvater-I’m sure that anyone who knows me would figure out that this would be my most anticipated release for the first half of 2016 and I’m fully expecting to see it on quite a few lists this week, knowing how many bloggers love this series. It’s just been such a long wait for it, so I’m fully expecting an epic conclusion to this series, given how long we’ve had to wait between releases!
- Rebel of The Sands-Alwyn Hamilton-I love fantasy and this one sounds quite different from the usual fantasy books that I read. Plus, I met the author at YALC and she was so lovely, so I’m really hoping that this book is as good as it sounds.
- Assassin’s Heart-Sarah Ahiers-Reading the Throne of Glass series has definitely made me more interested in reading books about assassins so when I read the synopsis for this book, I was immediately intrigued. I mean, rival assassin families and a Romeo and Juliet like romance between the children of those families? Sounds awesome right?
- This Is Where It Ends-Marieke Njkamp-This seems like it’s going to be a very dramatic, action packed book as it’s about a school shooting told over 54 minutes. This could either be totally terrible or absolutely brilliant, I’m hoping it’s the latter!
- A Study In Charlotte-Brittany Cavallaro-I really love anything related to Sherlock, so the idea of a book based around Sherlock and Watson’s great-great grandchildren really appeals to me. Plus I love that the Sherlock character in this is female!
- The Star Touched Queen-Roshani Chokshi-I’d like to try and diversify my reading a little more this year and this book definitely seems like it will fit the bill. I love mythology and it’s inspired by Indian mythology, which sounds really cool because I’ve never read anything inspired by Indian mythology.
- The Marked Girl-Lindsey Klingele-This sounds like it’s kind of based on Enchanted, which is one of my favourite Disney movies, so I’m really excited for it.
- A Court of Mist and Fury-Sarah J Maas-I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t the biggest fan of ACOTAR, but this second book in the series is supposed to be based on the myth of Persephone and Hades which is one of my favourite Greek myths and I’m really excited to see the Night Court. Plus if Throne of Glass is anything to go by, then the second book in the series should be better than the first.
- Sword and Verse-Kathy McMillan-I just found myself drawn in by the synopsis of this one, it sounds like a really cool fantasy world and I love the idea of literacy being outlawed and the main heroine being of a low class that has been secretly taught to read and write and her being involved in a rebellion to help free the slaves of her country. Basically, it sounds really cool!
- Burning Midnight-Will McIntosh-I’ll admit, I’m not entirely sure what this story is about, except that it has to do with spheres and it’s a fantasy, but it sounds like it’s going to be a cool story, so I’m really excited for it.
- Unhooked-Lisa Maxwell-This is a Peter Pan retelling and I love fantasy and retellings, so I’m pretty sure I’m going to love this one.
- The Girl Who Fell-Shannon M Parker-I don’t usually read many contemporary books, but with the abusive relationship aspect, this one seemed a little different, so I’m looking forward to giving it a try.
- The Hidden Oracle-Rick Riordan-My love for Rick Riordan’s books is no secret, so obviously as soon as I saw that he was doing another Camp Half-Blood set book I was really excited. I love the Apollo that Rick writes in his books and one of the things I said after reading Blood Of Olympus was that I really wanted to know how Zeus punished Apollo, so I’m so glad he’s doing this book. Plus, I can’t wait to see all my favourite characters again and hopefully find out what happened to them after Blood Of Olympus.
- Riders-Veronica Rossi-For one thing, the cover of this book is awesome. Secondly, it’s fantasy/dystopia/science fiction, which are all genres that I love. Thirdly there seems like there is a horse aspect to this book, which I also love, so all signs indicate that I should love this book!
- After The Woods-Kim Savage-I love psychological thrillers and this one, based around two girls who get attacked in the woods sounds like it’s going to be really good.
- Salt To The Sea-Ruta Sepetys-I loved the first Ruta Sepetys book that I read, Between Shades of Grey, so I was really excited to see that she had a new World War II based historical fiction and immediately added it to my to-read list on Goodreads. I know this one is probably going to make me cry, just like Between Shades of Grey but it’s going to be incredibly beautiful too, I’m sure, so I’m very excited to get my hands on it.
- The Crown’s Game-Evelyn Skye-THIS BOOK! It sounds so incredible, it’s set in Imperial Russia, there is magic and The Crown’s Game is a duel of magical skill where sorcerers are pitted against each other. What about that doesn’t sound awesome? I cannot wait for it!
- Burning Glass-Kathryn Purdie-What can I say? I love fantasy and this one sounds awesome. A girl who has the ability to sense other people’s feelings? So cool!
I know, I went way over ten this week, but what can I say? There are lots of books I’m looking forward to next year and these are only the ones being released up to June! What releases are you excited for next year? Do we share any? Let me know in the comments!
I will be back next week with my first Top Ten Tuesday of 2016, my top ten resolutions I have for 2016, which now that I’m thinking about it is going to be pretty difficult and I probably won’t keep any of them, but hey, I’ll try! In the meantime however, I should hopefully have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you all tomorrow, so make sure to check that out.