This is actually unrelated to the last book tag based around Friends that I did, but I came across another one on YouTube whilst surfing the internet & it seemed like a fun one to do since I love both books and Friends and the person who posted the video tagged everyone to do it, so I’m going to take him up on it!
1. “So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way”-A Book Which Surprised You-I’m going to choose Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas for this one, I never thought I was going to love this book as much as I did and I was totally shocked by the ending. If you haven’t read this one already, then what are you waiting for?
2. Chandler-A Book Which Had You On The Floor Laughing-I’m not sure I’ve ever found a book so funny that I’ve been on the floor laughing, but the Percy Jackson series comes to mind for this category. Those books are hilarious!
3. Monica-A Book That You Never Want To Be Damaged or Broken-My copy of My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult, it’s one of my favourite books, my friend lost my old copy so she bought me a new one and this new copy has now been signed, so if it was ever lost, damaged or broken, I would cry!
4. Joey-A Book That You Love And Want To Become A Movie-I have so many of these! If I had to choose one, out of all the books I love and would want to see become a movie, it would be Throne of Glass. That would be one epic film if it was done properly!
5. Phoebe-A Book That Had Bad Reviews But You Loved-This is hard, because most books that have had bad reviews I don’t love, but I’m going to go with Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I totally love this book, but I have seen a number of bad reviews for it, saying that Hannah killed herself over such small things and that she was incredibly selfish and very harsh sending out the tapes, but I think those people are missing the point of the book that little things build up and spiral out of control. Personally I thought this book was beautiful and really eye opening.
6. Ross-A Book That You Can’t Decide Whether You Love It Or You Hate It
I’m going to go with Teri Terry’s Slated for this, because I love the concept but I’m not so sure about how it’s carried out, I definitely don’t hate it, there were some good parts but I don’t love it either.
7. Rachel-A Character That Had Major Character Development
Connor from Unwind without a doubt, the troubled teenager from the first book who would save himself before everyone else is completely unrecognizable from the lovely, selfless young man that Connor becomes by the end of Undivided. I’m going to kind of cheat here and mention another character from the same book, Lev, as the scared, thirteen year old boy from the first book, is both physically and emotionally unrecognizable from the character he is in Undivided. (I know I was only supposed to pick one character but I couldn’t choose and they are from the same book!).
8. Central Perk-A Book You Go To When You’re Bored-When I’m bored of one book, I tend to just pick up another book on my TBR, but if I was choosing a reread, then I’d go for The Titan’s Curse, one of my favourite PJO books, that would definitely get me out of my funk.
9. Gunther-A Book You Always Hear About But Never Buy-I am constantly hearing about The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, everyone raves about them, but I’ve never picked one up, I’ve been meaning to read Cinder but haven’t found it in my local Waterstones. When my TBR pile has shrunk a little, I may get it off Amazon.
10. “Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, What Are They Feeding You?”-A Book That Has A Nice Smell-I can’t say I ever really smell my books? I’m not sure that I can answer this one!
11. “How You Doin'”-A Book Character That You Love So Much-Percy Jackson. Enough said.
12. We Were On A Break-A Book That You Stopped Reading For Some Reason-This is actually an easy one, I recently put down Before I Fall. I just wasn’t getting into it and I have such a large TBR pile that staying stuck on a book I’m not really getting into is not worth my time, so I put it down and will hopefully come back to it at a later date.
Now it’s your turn! Anyone who’s reading this, consider yourself tagged! Leave your links in the comments! Make sure to check out my Make Me Read It Read-a-thon post, and vote for what you want me to read.