Hi everyone! I can’t believe another three months has gone by and it’s time for me to do one of these again, they seem to come faster and faster each time I write one! For anyone who’s new to the blog and hasn’t been around for one of these before, basically I do a new one of these posts every three months, rounding up what I have done during one season and what I’m looking forward to during the next season. I post them on the first day of each new season, which is why I’m doing this today, as it’s the Autumn Equinox. This post will cover from 22nd June-21st September:
Image from this Summer:
This is my friend Hannah and I at YALC with Victoria Schwab!
Favourite Quote from a book you read this Summer:
“Words are everything. Words give wings even to those who have been stamped upon, broken beyond all hope of repair” -The Mime Order, Samantha Shannon
I wasn’t overly keen on the first Bone Season book, but this one and the third one definitely upped the ante and now I am very impatiently waiting for number four!
This Summer In One Word:
Most popular review this Summer:
In the period that this rewind covers, I’ve read 7 books and finished two others that I started in the period of the last rewind. The most popular of these was my review of One Of Us Is Lying apparently, which was not what I was expecting at all:
Top Two Books This Summer:
This is relatively easy as there are two definite standouts of the books I’ve read this summer, they are:
- The Song Rising (The Bone Season #3)-Samantha Shannon-This is my second five star read of the entire year, so of course it was a standout! The pacing was so much better than the first two and I loved seeing how far Paige has come as a character.
- Six of Crows-Leigh Bardugo-I was really stressed with the hype for this one that I wouldn’t love it as much as everyone else did, but I sped through it in about a week!
Two Things I’m Looking Forward To This Autumn:
- Going to Hairspray-The Hairspray UK Tour is coming up to Glasgow in two weeks, and I’m going to see it with my friends as a belated birthday celebration! It’s not something I ever thought I’d get the chance to see on stage and it’s one of my favourite musicals, so I’m super excited.
- Team Trials for Equestrian Club-Team Trials is in a couple of weeks (same week as Hairspray) and I’m hoping I might finally be able to try out for the team this year!
Three New Obsessions This Summer:
Ah the hardest part of this rewind! I have a lot of obsessions but most of them are long standing! I’ll give it a go though:
- Game of Thrones-Yes you can officially count me on the Game of Thrones bandwagon, I watched all six seasons in two weeks this summer and then the newest season. I didn’t think I was going to like it but I ended up loving it!
- Outlander-I started watching season one when it came on More4 a few months ago, and I’m totally hooked! I can’t wait to see what happens next!
- The Flash-Another show I binged in it’s entirety this summer. I’m really looking forward to Season 4!
Five Most Popular Blog Posts This Summer:
As usual, all of my five most popular blog posts of this summer were Top Ten Tuesday posts:
- Top Ten Tuesday #124-This was my Top Ten Tuesday post from last week, where I talked about the books that have shaped my life. I’m so happy that this one is my most popular post of the season, since it was the TTT celebrating my 21st birthday, so it’s lovely to see how much support it got!
2. Top Ten Tuesday #125-This was my Top Ten Tuesday post from this week actually, where I talked about the books that I have on my Autumn TBR. Since it was my second most popular post of the season, I should probably try to actually stick to it!
3. Top Ten Tuesday #120-My third most popular post of this summer was from about a month ago, when the Broke and Bookish girls returned from their month long hiatus. I gave book recommendations for people who like books without romance, so I’m glad to see it was popular, and that I’m not the only romance cynic out there!
4. Top Ten Tuesday #123-This post is from two weeks ago, when I talked about books that I thought I loved, but actually really struggled with. It’s amazing how much love negative posts get!
5. Top Ten Tuesday #121-My final most popular post of the summer is this one where I talked about the best books I’ve read since I started Uni. It was a really fun one to do, I loved getting to look back at all the amazing stuff I’ve got to read since I started Uni, two years ago.
Four Posts I’ve Enjoyed On Other Blogs This Summer:
I don’t know if I’ve actually bookmarked that many posts this Summer, but I’ll see!
- Sarah K @ The Book Traveler, had Alyssa Cavlier did this great post about giving book series’ second chances, which I really enjoyed as it’s something I often struggle with!
2. Libba Bray did this great piece for Entertainment Weekly about her book Beauty Queens and the struggles of being a female author in Hollywood, it’s well worth the read!
3. Cait @ Paper Fury did this super hilarious post about her most common complaints when reading. It’s actually spooky, we share basically all of them:
4. Danika Ellis did this great post for Book Riot about how Goodreads has changed the way she reads, which I found really interesting as I definitely think Goodreads (and blogging in general) have changed the way I read:
Five Things That Happened This Summer:
- I went to YALC with my friend Hannah for the third year in a row. If possible, I think this year was the best year yet!
- I visited my sister in Amsterdam for her 23rd birthday.
- I turned 21! Just last week actually!
- I went to see Mamma Mia with my friend Ellie as an early 21st birthday celebration.
- I started my third year of University.
Six Songs I Listened To Way Too Often This Summer:
- Mamma Mia-What with seeing the stage show this summer, I’ve had this song on repeat a lot!
- The Skye Boat Song-It’s at the start of every episode of Outlander, so it’s safe to say I’ve listened to it a lot!
- You’ll Be Back-Hamilton-Yeah I’m not obsessed with this song or anything…….
- Defying Gravity-Wicked-I mean it’s Defying Gravity, need I explain?
- Coming Home-Country Strong-I love this song and it came up on my IPod a lot over the summer.
- Gonna Get Even-Nashville Cast-This song is pretty apt for some things that were happening in my personal life over the summer.
So that’s my Quarterly Rewind for Summer, what do you guys think? What have you enjoyed most on my blog this Summer? What have you been up to? Let me know in the comments!