Hi all! I hope you’ve all had a great week so far, mine has been pretty quiet really, but I’m heading out to Amsterdam tomorrow with my parents for my sister’s birthday on Saturday, so that should be really fun! Anyway, I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, by Alex @coffeelovingbookaholic, so thanks Alex! You can find her post here:
First off, the rules:
- thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- list the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog
- If you could do one job for the rest of your life, what would it be?:
Ideally I’d like to be an author for the rest of my life! Failing that, any job where I get to read and/or write, would be perfect for me!
2. What’s the most important thing for you in a book review?
Honesty! I want to know whether you loved or hated a book, I don’t mind which way, but I don’t want to go into a book expecting something and finding something else because a blogger hasn’t been totally honest in their review.
3. Which author would you love to meet and why?
Well I have loads on my list, but my dream is to meet JK Rowling. Harry Potter was the series of my childhood and I would love to tell her just how much her and her books have meant to me over the years.
4. Is there one bookish memory from your childhood you will never forget?
Ooh I don’t know, there are so many! My dad reading me James Herriot’s books and doing all the Yorkshire accents of the farmers he came across will definitely always be up there.
5. If you could time travel, which event would you like to be part of?
Ooh I don’t know! I feel like I’d do quite well in the Women’s Liberation Movement in the 1960’s.
6. What would your perfect day look like?
I’d be curled up on the couch, with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream (preferrably Cookie Dough), watching my favourite movie, Moulin Rouge, and probably lots of other musicals as well!
7. Are you more productive in the morning or in the evening/night?
Definitely evening! I am so not a morning person!
8. PC or Mac?
PC, I’ve never had a Mac!
9. If you could turn your favourite book into a movie, which actors would you have play the parts?
I can’t really answer this one as a) I refuse to pick a favourite book, it’s too hard! and b) I don’t really visualise characters much as I’m reading, so whoever ends up playing them in the movie will be who I visualise them as!
10. Which talent would you like to have?
I’d love to be able to sing, sadly I’m tone deaf!
11. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Okay, I would wish to:
- Become a published author
- Have my own horse
- Have the Beast’s Library from Beauty and The Beast (the room not the actual books, I’d like to pick which books of my own to fill those massive shelves with!).
- If you could switch places with anyone in history who would it be?
- What’s your favourite TV show at the moment?
- Puppies or kittens?
- Favourite author right now?
- The one movie you’ve watched so many times that all your friends know you for it?
- One thing you would like to see more of in books?
- If you could go back in time and change one thing, anything, what would you change?
- One book you will never read?
- Your house is burning down in a fire-which books do you save?
- Most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you?
- One bucket list place you want to travel to?
I never know who has been nominated for these and who hasn’t, so whoever wants do this, feel free!