Hi guys! I know, I promised I’d do more of these over the summer and I’ve been off for almost two months and have only done two, but I will try to be better for the rest of the summer I promise! I’ve got a little something different for you guys today, instead of sharing quotes from a particular book or even on a particular theme, I’m sharing Author Dedications. I’m not even sure how I got inspired to do this idea, but I’ve spent the last two days looking through my books to find good ones, so I hope you enjoy these! Here we go, my favourite Author Dedications:
- “To the girl who reads by flashlight, who sees dragons in the clouds. Who feels most alive in worlds that never were. Who knows magic is real. Who dreams. This is for you” -Hunted, Megan Spooner
Okay confession time: I haven’t actually read this book yet. But I saw this dedication when looking through my books to find stuff for this post, and it resonated so strongly with me because I was this girl, heck I’m still this girl. If the dedication of this book is so beautiful, I can’t imagine how gorgeous the insides must be!
2. “To the scholars. To the students. To the Librarians. To those who fight for all of those every day. Shine a light” -Paper and Fire, Rachel Caine
This is just the perfect dedication for this series, not to mention just so beautiful.
3. “To my dear Lucy, I wrote this story for you but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already too old for fairytales, and by the time this is printed and bound you will be older still. But someday you will be old enough to read fairytales again. You can then take it down from some upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear and too old to understand a word you say, but I shall still be your affectionate godfather” -The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, CS Lewis
This is just such a beautiful and meaningful dedication, I had to share it!
4. “For everyone who read the first (horrible) draft of this story and did not laugh when twelve year old me said, “Someday I’m going to get this published” -Snow Like Ashes, Sara Raasch
Just goes to show dreams can come true!
5. “For the ones who dream of stranger worlds”
“For the ones who fight their way forward”
“For the ones who’ve found their way home”
-Shades of Magic trilogy, VE Schwab
I grouped all the Shades of Magic dedications together as I think they’re even better and more beautiful when seen as a group. They just fit so well together, and they’re all so beautiful and inspiring!
6. “To my readers. Sorry about that last cliffhanger. Well no, not really. HAHAHAHA. But seriously, I love you guys” -The House of Hades, Rick Riordan
Whilst I think I speak for all of the PJO fandom when I say that I have not forgiven Rick Riordan for the cliffhanger at the end of Mark of Athena, and that the wait between that book and House of Hades was excruciating, this dedication did make me laugh!
7. “To all you wordsmiths, you scribbles, you wrimos in your vast numbers, for making writing a part of your reading” -Afterworlds, Scott Westerfeld
I have yet to read this book (I will be later this year!) but I love this dedication, it’s a great one for aspiring writers!
8. “To all my readers from FictionPress-for beginning with me at the beginning and staying long after the end. Thank you for everything” -Throne of Glass, Sarah J Maas
I love it when authors thank their readers in their dedications!
9. “For the dreamers” -The Bone Season, Samantha Shannon
This is the book I’m reading at the moment and this dedication is perfect for it!
10. “To my husband, and real life hero, Vince and to my two wonderful children, Nicole and Ryan. You embraced my dream as if it were your own and gave me the courage to keep flying until I grasped that beautiful shooting star” -Splintered, AG Howard
I wasn’t originally going to use personal dedications in this post, but I couldn’t resist with this one, it’s just so beautiful. I hope the book is as gorgeous!
I found so many amazingly beautiful dedications whilst I was going through my books for this post, but if I kept going then I’d be here all night! I don’t know when I’ll have another one of these to share with you guys, I guess it depends on when I find something else that inspires me! In the meantime though, I have lots of stuff planned for the next few days with it being the end of the month, so stay tuned!