Hi everyone! It’s that time of year again, time for another Quarterly Rewind, the feature where I look back over the last three months of my life for you and share what’s coming up in the next three. Summer has definitely arrived here in the UK, it’s been boiling and I only got back from holiday yesterday! I hope the heatwave ends soon, I’m not sure how much more I can take! Still back to the topic at hand, this post will cover from 20th March-21st June:
Image from this Spring:
This is a photo of Santorini, from my recent holiday to Greece, it’s the view out over the top of Caldera. You don’t get views like that in the UK!
Favourite Quote From A Book You Read This Spring:
“This moment will just be another story someday.” -The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
I actually preferred the movie to the book in this case, but the book does have some really lovely quotes and this one was my favourite. as a reader, it really resonated with me.
This Spring In One Word:
Most popular review this Spring:
I’ve actually read 10 books in the period this post covers and finished two others that I started in the period that was covered in my last rewind. The most popular of these was my review of Code Name Verity’s prequel, The Pearl Thief:
Top Two Books This Spring:
Most of the books I’ve read this Spring have been in the 3-4 star range, so no particular 5 star standouts, but of the books I’ve read, these are my favourites:
- A Court of Mist and Fury-Sarah J Maas-This is definitely my favourite book that I’ve read this Spring, I was apprehensive about it because I didn’t love the first book, but Sarah J Maas definitely stepped up her game for the second one!
- The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo #2)-This wasn’t as good as the first book in the series, but still incredibly enjoyable and just what I needed at the time I was reading it.
Two Things I’m Looking Forward To This Summer:
- Being able to drive-I’m taking my driving test in a few weeks time, and if *fingers crossed* I pass then I’ll actually be able to drive!
- Going to YALC-I’m so excited for my third year at YALC at the end of July! There are so many great authors going this year, it’s going to be amazing.
Three New Obssessions This Spring:
I always find it hard to come up with these as I’m very loyal to my long standing obsessions, new ones don’t happen often! Still I’ll try:
- Greece-Okay not exactly a new obsession since I’ve been obsessed with Greece and Greek mythology since I was a kid, but now that I’ve actually been to the country, you can call me even more obsessed!
- Lucifer-I watched this in April/May time, and caught up with both seasons pretty quickly. I never knew I could find the Devil so attractive!
- IZombie-I started watching the first season in April, caught up in like two days and am now totally caught up with the third season! You can definitely call me obsessed with this one!
Five Most Popular Blog Posts This Spring:
As usual, all of my most popular posts this Spring were Top Ten Tuesday posts:
- Top Ten Tuesday #110-This Top Ten Tuesday from a few weeks ago where I talked about YA Fantasy books that I had recently added to my TBR. You guys, this year is going to be so good for YA Fantasy!:
2. Top Ten Tuesday #101-I was surprised that this TTT was so popular since I was talking about my favourite TV fandoms rather than my favourite bookish fandoms, but I think it just goes to show how much us bookworms also love TV!:
3. Top Ten Tuesday #109-This TTT was talking about my most anticipated upcoming releases for the rest of 2017 and I’m so happy it got so much love as I love getting to talk about books that I’m excited for!:
4. Top Ten Tuesday #108-This TTT was me talking about all the books I have on my Summer TBR. It’s only June so I’ve only read 2 full books and most of a third from my TBR but I’m hoping to have finished most or all of them by the beginning of September:
5. Top Ten Tuesday #107-This TTT was one for Mother’s Day where I talked about all of my favourite TV mothers! It is nice to sometimes do some non-bookish posts!:
Four Posts I Enjoyed On Other Blogs This Spring:
I don’t feel like I’ve actually read many posts from other blogs this Spring, but I’ll try to find some!:
- Cait @ Paper Fury did this wonderfully funny post about why books are more successful at life than we are:
2. Cait also did another post about editing your novel which I found really helpful as I’ve kind of been hitting a brick wall on my own editing recently! I will definitely be trying out some of her tips:
3. Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction did a great post about why she finds rating MG & YA books hard, because she’s not the target audience and whilst I can’t say I’ve had the same problems (at least not with YA as I still feel relatively close in age to the characters, MG is sometimes a little harder), I found her post really insightful:
4. Mish @ Chasing Faerytales did this awesome post about shipping non-canon couples. Whilst I’ve been relatively lucky in most books and TV shows that the couples I’ve shipped have been canon, I have definitely shipped some non canon couples in my time (fanfic is a beautiful thing) and can understand the pain!
Five Things That Happened This Spring:
- I went to Greece on holiday with my friends as an early 21st birthday celebration, and it was completely amazing! I can’t wait to go back there one day!
- I finished my second year of University, I’m officially halfway through my degree (how scary is that?).
- I spent a few days in London with my mum after I came back from Uni, which was pretty cool.
- I went to the first Cat cafe in Stirling with my friends, it was awesome, the cats were so friendly!
- I spent my Easter holiday in France with my family, the first time the four of us had all been together since Christmas.
Six Songs I Listened To Way Too Often This Spring:
- Gravity-Sara Bareilles-I’ve been listening to this one a lot lately, the lyrics have just really resonated with certain things that have happened in my life.
- She Used To Be Mine-Sara Bareilles-Again, I just find that I really connect to the lyrics of this song, so I listen to it a lot.
- Galway Girl-Ed Sheeran-I just love this song, it’s so catchy!
- Castle On The Hill-This is one of my new favourite running songs, it’s just so perfect for that!
- I’m On It-Nashville-Another song that comes up a lot when I’m running.
- On My Way-Nashville-One of my favourite songs from the new season!
So that’s my Quarterly Rewind for Spring, what do you guys think? What have you enjoyed most on my blog this Spring? What have you guys been up to this Spring? Let me know in the comments!