Hi everyone! It’s day 3 of Armchair BEA (well it will probably be day 4 when you read this but you can blame Ryanair for that, my mum and I were flying back from Scotland today and it was literally the worst flight ever, we got delayed at basically every turn!). Anyway, today I’m going to be talking about dining with authors, essentially which authors I would like to meet and share a meal with. This could be an incredibly long list, as I have a lot of authors that I love, but I’m going to try and stick to the top five or six authors that I’d love to meet and have brunch with, I’d go with dinner but I think brunch would be a little less intense!
- JK Rowling-This would never happen, but a girl can dream right! I would just love to pick her brain about all things Hogwarts, I have so many questions about the Wizarding World that I’d love to be answered!
- Rick Riordan-I mean he never comes to the UK, so there wouldn’t be a scenario where this would happen, but I’d love to meet him. I’d love to chat with him about Greek Myths, he has so much knowledge and it would be interesting to hear about. I’d also ask a ton of questions about what’s next for Percy and the gang of course!
- Derek Landy-He would just be a bunch of fun to have, I imagine he’d make everyone laugh! I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland, so I’d definitely ask him a lot of questions about that, also whether he’s planning on writing any more Skulduggery books and where he gets all his zany ideas from. I maintain that if he and Rick Riordan ever met, they’d be a riot together because they both write really funny books!
- Sarah J Maas-I really just want to fangirl with her, when I went to her event in October last year, she seemed like such a fangirl, so it would be great to just talk to her about her favourite fantasy books and TV shows (I’m dying to know if she’s watched Once Upon A Time or Merlin because they totally seem like shows she would like!). I’d also want to ask her about TOG 7 and the possible heartbreak to come. I know she started writing very young as well, so it would be cool to hear about that.
- Maggie Stiefvater-Another funny author, honestly, this brunch would be a real riot! I know that Maggie’s had an array of weird jobs, so it would be a lot of fun to talk to her about that. I’d also really love to know what kind of research she did for The Raven Boys, because I’m sure that involved some weird and wonderful travels. I’d ask her about her new book and also see if I could try and find out what she has planned for her upcoming Ronan trilogy!
- Victoria Schwab-I need to know how she manages her crazy writing schedule, she always seems to be working on something! I’d also love to know where she gets her ideas from, all her books are so different! I’d love to talk to her about the Shades of Magic books, the world and characters, whether we’ll get anymore from them. I would make sure tea was served with brunch as I know how much she loves it. Not Earl Grey though!
So those are my favourite authors who I’d love to have brunch with! What about you? Which authors would you love to have brunch with? What would you talk about? Let me know in the comments!
I’m not sure if I’m going to do a post tomorrow since I’m too broke to do a giveaway and I’m not entirely sure I understand the other topic! I guess you’ll just have to wait and see!