Hi everyone! I know, I know, what is this sorcery, two Thursday Quotables in as many weeks? I can’t even remember the last time that happened! Hopefully now that it’s summer, I’ll be able to do more of these. I just finished reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower, and whilst I, *takes deep breath and prepares to run* think I actually prefer the movie, I did find that there were many lovely quotes that I just had to share on here. So here we go, my favourite Perks quotes:
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
I know this quote is meant to be sad, in the context of the novel anyway, and it is, but I think it can also be happy, ie people accepting the love of amazing people because they know they deserve the best.
2. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.”
This is really sad, but I found it incredibly relatable because I feel like we’ve all felt like this at some point?
3. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”
This is again very sad, but I feel also kind of hopeful?
4. “So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”
I love this quote, it’s just so beautiful and inspiring.
5. “This moment will just be another story someday.”
As a reader, this quote really resonated with me.
6. “And all the books you’ve read have been read by other people. And all the songs you’ve loved have been heard by other people. And that girl that’s pretty to you is pretty to other people. and that if you looked at these facts when you were happy, you would feel great because you are describing ‘unity.”
I love this quote so much, just because it’s so true, we are connected to so many other different people that we don’t even know through these random common threads.
7. “It is now my favorite book of all time, but then again, I always think that until I read another book.”
I think all of us bookworms have felt this at some point or another, no?
8. “You can’t just sit there and put everybody’s lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love”.
I don’t know exactly why I like this quote, I just do.
9. “I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am.”
Don’t we all want this?
10. “I decided then that when I met someone I thought was as beautiful as the song, I should give it to that person. And I didn’t mean beautiful on the outside. I meant beautiful in all ways.”
I just think this is lovely, sappy as it may be!
There are many more quotes I could share, but I’m going to stop there as I think 10 is enough for this week! I don’t know when I’ll get another one of these done for you, we’ll just have to wait and see when I read another book that has quotes I feel are pretty enough to share! In the meantime though, the next post I have for you will probably be my new Top Ten Tuesday post on Tuesday so stay tuned for that!