Hey everyone! It’s been forever since I last did one of these, but since I’m finally done with Uni and have more spare time on my hands now, I figured I would do another one of these, since I really enjoy doing them! I recently finished Sarah J Maas’ A Court of Mist and Fury and there were so many pretty quotes in it that I just wanted to sure them with you guys. So here we go my favourite quotes from A Court of Mist and Fury (I will try to choose non-spoilery ones, but if you haven’t read the book then you may want to stop reading here!):
- “To the stars who listen—and the dreams that are answered.”
This is probably the most recognisable quote from this book, and it’s my favourite because it’s just so pretty and I love the scene that it comes from.
2. “When you spend so long trapped in darkness, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.”
I don’t exactly know what is about this quote I liked, I just did!
3. “You decide your fate – your choices. Not me. You chose yesterday. You choose every day. Forever.”
Whilst it is Rhys that said this, this quote is basically everything I love about Feyre in this book, she has her own agency, she makes her own decisions and finally feels like she’s becoming her own person.
4. “Why does anything cling to something? Maybe they love wherever they’re going so much that it’s worth it. Maybe they’ll keep coming back, until there’s only one star left. Maybe that one star will make the trip forever, out of the hope that someday—if it keeps coming back often enough—another star will find it again.”
This is from the Starfall scene, my absolute favourite part of this book, so I absolutely had to share it!
5. “I wonder if some part of me knew what was waiting for me. That I would never be a gentle grower of things, or someone who burned like fire – but that I would be quiet and enduring and as faceted as the night. That I would have beauty, for those who knew where to look, and if people didn’t bother to look, but only to fear it… Then I didn’t particularly care for them, anyway. I wonder if, even in my despair and hopelessness, I was never truly alone. I wonder if I was looking for this place – looking for you all.”
I know this one is long, but I just loved it, when Feyre realises that she was always meant to end up at the Night Court, that she’s finally found “her people”.
6. “I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal. I was a survivor, and I was strong. I would not be weak, or helpless again. I would not, could not be broken. Tamed.”
Watching Feyre’s journey from broken to strong warrior was definitely the best part of A Court of Mist and Fury and this quote encompasses that.
7. “The Court of Dreams.
The people who knew that there was a price, and one worth paying, for that dream.”
It’s not necessarily the prettiest quote from this book, but as someone who is a dreamer, I could relate to this quote.
8. “There are good days and bad days for me – even now. Don’t let the hard days win.”
I just found this one kind of inspirational.
9. “I was burning through books every day—stories about people and places I’d never heard of. They were perhaps the only thing that kept me from teetering into utter despair”
I love this quote because it describes everything I love about reading, it allows you to escape your life and dive into the lives of others.
That’s all I have for this week, I don’t know when I will get another one of these done for you but hopefully now that I’m done with Uni, I’ll be able to share this quote posts with you guys more regularly! In the meantime though, I have plans for a new discussion post which will hopefully be up by next week.