Hey everyone! I hope you’ve all had a good week, mine has been relatively quiet, just the usual Uni work. Anyway, I haven’t done one of these in a while, but I was nominated for this tag by Joyce @ The Jinxed Goblet (http://www.thejinxedgoblet.com/2017/01/mystery-blogger-tag.html), and I figured since I hadn’t done a tag in a while, I’d give it a whirl. Thanks to Joyce for nominating me and to Okoto Enigma for creating this tag! (https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com/)
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about myself:
- I write YA fantasy. I’ve been working on a YA fantasy based around the four elements at the moment, called This Is Not A Love Story, which I’m hoping to finish and edit this year. I also have plans for another fantasy based around underground magicians in different cities in Europe. I actually hadn’t written properly in years until last year because I hadn’t had any ideas that I was really excited about, so I’m really happy that I have these two stories that I’m really excited about to write.
- I love to travel, and it’s a dream of mine to get to live in a different country at some point during my life.
- I have a slight Merlin obsession (the BBC TV show) and want to name my future dogs Merlin and Arthur!
- Which fictional character (or characters) do you think you’re most like?
I think I’m a combination of characters probably, but I suppose that’s true of everyone. I’m definitely a lot like Hermione, I love reading, I did well in school, I look a lot like her as well with my incredibly frizzy hair. I’m also a lot like Belle from Beauty and The Beast, again with the reading thing and Belle’s yearning for adventure is definitely something that I can relate to. I also relate a lot to Rory Gilmore, with her love of books and movies and junk food. I have the same dry, sarcastic sense of humour as Percy Jackson. I’ll stick with those for now, but I could honestly do a lot more, I can find myself in any bookworm or sassy character really.
2. What is your favourite song at the moment?
My favourite song at the moment is the same as my favourite song has been for a long time, Come What May from Moulin Rouge. It will probably remain my favourite song for a long time!
3. How would you describe your fashion type?
I don’t know? Most of the time I’m pretty casual, just jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, I live in Scotland so it’s cold! When I get dressed up, my style is quite girly I guess, I like patterns, florals and polka dots are my favourites. I love 1950’s dresses with the full skirts and the polka dots, they are my actual favourite things in the world.
4. What is one movie you’d recommend everyone watch?
Moulin Rouge! It’s my absolute favourite movie ever, Ewan McGregor is gorgeous, the music is amazing, the costumes are wonderful, the story is tragic yet incredibly fun at the same time, it’s definitely something I’d recommend everyone watch. I’ve forced it on most of my friends by now (luckily my flatmates love it just as much as me, they even got me a cardboard cutout of Ewan McGregor!).
5. How many books can you stack on one hand before it topples over?
I tried this, the books toppled at 12!
My Best Posts:
I don’t know what my most read posts ever are, so I’m just going to choose my favourite posts I’ve ever done! These are both discussion posts that I’ve done that I’m really proud of:
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could be friends with any character from any book, who would you be friends with?
- What fantasy world would you most like to live in?
- If you could only read one author’s books for the rest of your life, whose would it be?
- Biggest celebrity crush?
- How many oreos can you fit in your mouth at once (weird one)?
I nominate whoever hasn’t done this tag and wants to!