Hi everyone! I know it’s been an age since I’ve done one of these, Uni life has been keeping me super busy, but since I had a week off this week, I thought I’d treat you guys! For this week, I want to share my favourite quotes from Empire of Storms as Sarah J Maas is one of my favourite writers and I love getting to share her writing! So here are my favourite quotes from Empire of Storms (I promise, no spoilers!):
- “The world will be saved and remade by the dreamers”
This is hands down my favourite quote from the book, I think because I would definitely consider myself a dreamer, so it has a certain resonance with me. This is one for the quote wall (yes I have a wall of quotes that I like pinned up in my room!).
2. “Even when this world is a forgotten whisper of dust between the stars, I will love you.”
I may not be the biggest fan of Rowaelin but they do say some beautiful things to each other (if a little cheesy!).
3. “But they wove a tapestry of dreams, all begging for one thing… a better world.”
This is just beautiful.
4. “Why bother when a dramatic entrance is so much more fun?”
This one was just funny and so perfectly describes Aelin. She does love her dramatic entrances!
5. “Aelin had promised herself, months and months ago, that she would not pretend to be anything but what she was. She had crawled through darkness and blood and despair-she had survived.”
I like this quote because it shows how much Aelin has grown from the shattered girl she was at the beginning of Throne of Glass.
6. “The fear of loss . . . it can destroy you as much as the loss itself.”
I think this quote is very pertinent to Aelin’s character.
7. “And she wondered if it were possible to love someone enough to die from it. If it were possible to love someone enough that time and distance and death were of no concern.”
I’ve never loved someone like this, but I like to feel that it might be possible and it is a beautiful quote.
8. “She had been forgotten—by everyone and everything. And still she had hoped.”
I think this quote pretty much encapsulates everything I love about Elide. Despite the rotten hand that fate has dealt her, she never loses hope.
That’s all I have for this week, but hopefully I will have a new post for you guys soon (though I can’t guarantee when!). In the meantime though, I’m hoping to have another discussion post up for you guys soon, so stay tuned for that!