Hey everyone! I’m back with a new Thursday Quotables post this week (I’m getting better at doing these on time!). For this week, I’ve chosen a theme of failure, not the nicest sounding theme but I’m hoping that I can find some nice uplifting quotes that show failure isn’t the end of the world! Anyway here are my favourite quotes about overcoming failure:
- “Life is full of screwups. You’re supposed to fail sometimes. It’s a required part of the human existance.” -Along For The Ride, Sarah Dessen
I’ve never actually read this book, but I liked this quote, so simple and very relatable.
2. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” -JK Rowling
Okay so this isn’t from a book but how could I not use this quote from my favourite author in today’s post?
3. “Today he failed to change the world. As for tomorrow, who can tell?” -Undivided, Neal Shusterman
I like this quote because although it talks about failure, it expresses optimism for success, plus I love this series!
4. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly you cease for ever to be able to do it” -Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie
Okay I’ll admit, I’ve never actually read Peter Pan, but I couldn’t resist including this quote, it might not explicitly mention failure but it’s implied and I thought this was a really pretty quote.
5. “There are no boring stories, only a failure to truly listen” -Inamorata, Megan Chance
I had never heard of this book or author before today but I have to say, I’m rather in love with this quote.
That’s all I have for you today, it’s much harder to find quotes on this topic than I thought! Hopefully I will have another one of these for you guys soon, but in the meantime, I should be doing another discussion post soon, so stay tuned for that.