Hey everyone! I know it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, but what can I say, it’s been a busy summer on the blog! For this week, I decided to share quotes from A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab, as I loved that book when I read it earlier in the summer and am currently enjoying the sequel, A Gathering of Shadows. Anyway, here are my favourite quotes from A Darker Shade of Magic:
- “I’d rather die on an adventure than live standing still” -Lila Bard
This is possibly my favourite quote from this book, in fact I liked it so much that I wrote it on the inside cover of my copy of the book.
2. “Sure I do,” countered Lila cheerfully. “There’s Dull London, Kell London, Creepy London, and Dead London,” she recited, ticking them off on her fingers. “See? I’m a fast learner.” -Lila Bard
This made me laugh so hard when I read it.
3. “You know so little of war. Battles may be fought from the outside in, but wars are won from the inside out.” -Holland
I just thought this was a really pretty quote.
4. “Love doesn’t keep us from freezing to death, Kell,” she continued, “or starving, or being knifed for the coins in our pocket. Love doesn’t buy us anything, so be glad for what you have and who you have because you may want for things but you need nothing.” -Lila Bard
I really liked this quote from Lila because Kell was having a bit of a self pity party at this part of the book and Lila really puts him in his place!
5. “I apologize for anything I might have done. I was not myself.” “I apologize for shooting you in the leg,” said Lila. “I was myself entirely.” -Rhy Maresh & Lila Bard
I loved this little exchange between Rhy and Lila.
That’s all I have for this week I’m afraid, just a small snapshot of my favourite quotes from A Darker Shade of Magic. Hopefully, I will have another one of these for you next week but in the meantime, I will definitely have a new discussion post for you guys in the next few days.