Hey everyone! I’m back this week with my final Inside Out themed quotes post (as I did Fear a while ago) and the theme this week is Disgust. Another weird theme for pretty quotes, and I’m sure it will be hard to find some, but I’ll give it a try! Here are my favourites:
- “Desire is not always lessened by disgust. Nor can it be bestowed, like a favor, to those most deserving of it. And as my words bind my magic, so you can know the truth. If she doesn’t desire his kiss, she won’t be free.” -City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare
I’ve never read this book, but I found this quote on Goodreads and thought it was really pretty so I wanted to share it.
2. “It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.” -Matilda, Roald Dahl
I always laugh when I read this quote!
3. “Well, I care what you think of me. I care enough that I stayed at this disgusting party for you. And I care enough that I’d attend a thousand more like it so I can spend a few hours with you when you aren’t looking at me like I’m not worth the dirt beneath your shoes.” -The Assassin’s Blade, Sarah J Maas
SAMMMMMMMMMMM! WHY SARAH? WHY?
4. “She taught me all about real sacrifice. That it should be done from love, not misplace disgust for another person’s genetics.” -Allegiant, Veronica Roth
I may not have loved this book, but it did have some very quoteworthy bits in it.
5. “Really?” Risa said, disgusted. “‘What do we have here?’ Is that your best line? If you’re going to attack a defenseless girl in an alley, at least try not to be cliché about it.” -Unsouled, Neal Shusterman
This made me laugh so much when I read it!
That’s all I have for this week, I’m afraid (it’s not so easy to find good quotes on this topic!). Hopefully I will have another one of these up next week, in the meantime however, I’m going to be away at YALC for the weekend, so the next post you can expect from me will be my YALC recap, probably on either Sunday evening or during the day Monday. I’m so excited!!!!! YALC starts tomorrow and only 2 days till I’ll be there!