Hey everyone! I’m back this week with another Thursday Quotables and I’m continuing with my Inside Out theme this week and this week’s theme is going to be Anger, which seems like a weird theme for pretty quotes, but I’m sure I can find some! Here are my favourites:
- “Not my daughter, you bitch!” -Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, JK Rowling
One of the many quotes that made everyone love Molly Weasley!
2. “A flood of emotions rushes into me. Pain and anger. Sadness and pity. But most surprising of all, hope.” -Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher
This book makes you feel all the feels!
3. “If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything. Some people learn to embrace it- to love it. Some endure it through drowning it in sorrow, or by making themselves forget. Others turn it into anger.” -The Assassin’s Blade, Sarah J Maas
I’m pretty sure I’ve featured this quote before, but it’s such a good quote and it fit and it’s one of my favourites, so I’m not sorry for sharing it again.
4. “I know my head isn’t screwed on straight. I want to leave, transfer, warp myself to another galaxy. I want to confess everything, hand over the guilt and mistake and anger to someone else. There is a beast in my gut, I can hear it scraping away at the inside of my ribs. Even if I dump the memory, it will stay with me, staining me. My closest is a good thing, a quiet place that helps me hold these thoughts inside my head where no one can hear them.” -Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson
I’ve never read this book, but I really like this quote!
5. “This was something she would keep hidden within herself, maybe in place of the knot of pain and anger she had been carrying under her breastbone…a security blanket, an ace up her sleeve. She might never use it, but she would always feel its presence like a swelling secret stone, and that way when she let go of the rage, she would not feel nearly as empty.” -Mercy, Jodi Picoult
This is one of the few Jodi Picoult books I haven’t read, but I liked this quote so I wanted to share it.
6. “Sometimes I just want to go in a room and break things and scream. Like, it’s so much pressure all the time and if you get upset or angry, people say, ‘Are you on the rag of something?’ And it’s like I want to say, ‘No. I’m just pissed off right now. Can’t I just be pissed off? How come that’s not okay for me?’ Like my dad will say, ‘I can’t talk to you when you’re hysterical.’ And I’m totally not being hysterical! I’m just mad. And he’s the one losing it. But then I feel embarrassed anyway. So I slap on that smile and pretend everything’s okay even though it’s not.” -Beauty Queens, Libba Bray
I haven’t read this book but I wanted to share this quote because I read it and I was like “yes, this is so damn relatable!”
7. “Sometimes I think there’s a beast that lives inside me, in the cavern that’s where my heart should be, and every now and then it fills every last inch of my skin, so that I can’t help but do something inappropriate. Its breath is full of lies; it smells of spite.” -Handle With Care, Jodi Picoult
I just really like this quote.
That’s all I have for this week. Hopefully I will have another one of these up for you guys next week, but in the meantime, I’m hoping to get a new discussion post up during the weekend, so make sure to look out for that.
I love these quotes! I also really love this feature idea too. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog, I really like it 🙂
Will continue to visit from now on. Looking forward to reading more posts by you. 🙂 – Faye x