Hi everyone, I’m back! I know I’ve been a little MIA from these posts for the past couple of weeks, but what can I say? Other things in life do sometimes get in the way of blogging! However, I am here this week, continuing on with my Inside Out theme from a few weeks back, and this week’s theme is going to be Joy. So here we are, my favourite quotes about Joy:
- “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.” -A Walk To Remember, Nicholas Sparks
I haven’t read this book (Nicholas Sparks isn’t really my thing), but I found this quote on Goodreads and thought it was really pretty, so I wanted to share it.
2. “When you feel someone else’s pain and joy as powerfully as if it were your own, then you know you really loved them.” -Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of The Sisterhood, Ann Brashares
I know I’ve shared this one before, but I really like it and it fits for this topic too, so I though I’d share it again.
3. “Because reading is one of the joys of life, and once you begin, you can’t stop, and you’ve got so many stories to look forward to.” -Benedict Cumberbatch
Okay so this isn’t from a book, but I love Benedict Cumberbatch and this quote is about books so, sorry….not sorry.
4. “Have you given any thought to your wedding vows?” Kai snorted.
“Delete anything that has to do with love, respect, or joy, and I’ll sign on the dotted line.” -Cress, Marissa Meyer
I haven’t read this book (I’m only on Scarlet) but this quote made me laugh when I read it so I wanted to share it.
5. “In the hall stood Richard Campbell Gansey III in his school uniform and overcoat and scarf and gloves, looking like someone from another world. Behind him was Ronan Lynch, his damn tie knotted right for once and his shirt tucked in.
Humiliation and joy warred furiously inside Adam.
Gansey strode between the pews as Adam’s father stared at him. He went directly to the bench, straight up to the judge. Now that he stood directly beside Adam, not looking at him, Adam could see that he was a little out of breath. Ronan, behind him, was as well. they had run.
For him.” -Blue Lily, Lily Blue, Maggie Stiefvater
I chose to share this because it’s one of my favourite moments from the Raven Cycle series, where Ronan and Gansey come to support Adam without having been asked, because that’s what friends do.
6. “Because your human joy fascinates me—the way you experience things, in your life span, so wildly and deeply and all at once, is … entrancing. I’m drawn to it, even when I know I shouldn’t be, even when I try not to be.” -A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J Maas
I just think this quote is really beautiful.
7. “You deserve to be happy,” he said. And meant it. She deserved the joy he so often glimpsed on her face when Rowan was near—deserved the wicked laughter she shared with Aedion, the comfort and teasing with Lysandra. She deserved happiness, perhaps more than anyone.” -Queen of Shadows, Sarah J Maas
I totally agree with the sentiments of this quote, Aelin does deserve to be happy (even if I wasn’t too keen on her personality switch in this book).
8. “That is the joy of reading fiction: when all is said and done, the novel belongs to the reader and his or her imagination.” -Alice Hoffman
Okay, again not from a book, but it is by an author, so less cheating this time! I absolutely love this quote, I can’t believe I had never come across it before today.
9. “What is it like? Manon asked quietly. ‘To love.’ ‘It was like dying a little every day. It was like being alive, too. It was joy so complete it was pain. It destroyed me and unmade me and forged me. I hated it, because I knew I couldn’t escape it, and knew it would forever change me.” -Queen of Shadows, Sarah J Maas
This is one of my favourite passages from Queen of Shadows and since it fits the theme, I thought I’d share it here.
10. “I had an amazing feeling when I finally held the tape in my hand. I just thought to myself that in the palm of my hand, there was this one tape that had all these memories and feelings and great joy and sadness. Right there in the palm of my hand. And I thought about how many people have loved those songs, And how many people got through a lot of bad times because of those songs. And how many people enjoyed good times with those songs. And how much those songs really mean. I think it would be great to have written one of those songs, I bed if I wrote one of them, I would be very proud. I hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. I hope they feel it’s enough. I really do because they’ve made me happy. And I’m only one person.” -The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
I haven’t read this book (seen the movie), but I thought this quote was really beautiful and I really wanted to share it.
That’s all I have for this week! Hopefully, I will have another one of these up for you guys next week, but in the meantime, I’m hoping to get a new discussion post up in the next few days, so make sure to check that out.