Hi everyone! I’m back with a new Top Ten Tuesday post for all of you this week, courtesy of the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s prompt is Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Rest of 2016, so basically anything that’s released from June-December this year. I probably won’t read many (if any) of these this year because I have so many books piling up at home that I need to read already! So here we go, these are the books I’m most looking forward to being released in the second half of 2016:
- Paper and Fire (5th July)-Rachel Caine-I’ve been looking forward to reading this ever since I read Ink and Bone at the beginning of the year, I can’t wait to see what happens to all of the characters in the sequel!
- And I Darken (7th July)-Kiersten White-I preordered this because I was so excited! A female Vlad The Impaler? It sounds incredible!
- How To Hang A Witch (26th July)-Adriana Mather-I’ve never read anything about the Salem Witch Trials before and I love learning about new things plus the fact that it’s written by a descendant of Cotton Mather? That’s pretty awesome!
- Gemini (26th July)-Sonia Mukherjee-I’ve never read anything about conjoined twins and it’s not something I know very much about, so I’m excited to read this book because I want to learn something new.
- Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (31st July)-JK Rowling-Again, one I forgot when I was first making the list, though I can’t believe I did! A new Harry Potter book? Well okay it’s a script, but since I’m probably not going to be able to see the play, this is the next best thing!
- American Monsters (25th August)-Derek Landy-Okay, so I totally forgot about this when I first made the list, but there’s no rule saying you can’t add books you forgot later right? I just finished Desolation and I’m really excited to see how this trilogy concludes!
- Empire of Storms (6th September)-Sarah J Maas-I am equal parts nervous and excited about this book, excited because I love this world and these characters, but nervous because I didn’t like Queen of Shadows so much and this series is winding down now and I don’t want it to end with me having a bitter taste in my mouth about it. Hopefully QOS was just belated middle book syndrome and this one will be better!
- The Reader (13th September)-Traci Chee-I love books that have people who love books in them and it sounds like this will be one of those! Plus there is magic and pirates and assassins (so I’ve heard), which basically equals my perfect book!
- The Fever Code (27th September)-James Dashner-Another Maze Runner prequel! And this one actually has the characters from the trilogy in it! Hopefully we will finally get answers about how the Maze came to be!
- Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard: The Hammer of Thor (4th October)-Rick Riordan-I haven’t actually read the first book in this series yet, I’ll admit, but that doesn’t stop me from being excited for this one. Rick Riordan is one of my favourite authors and I will read whatever he puts out there!
- Small Great Things (11th October)-Jodi Picoult-It has been a long time since I’ve read a Jodi Picoult book (actually not since Leaving Time was published almost two years ago) and I can’t wait to read her newest book. I really love her courtroom dramas and whilst I have enjoyed her books getting away from that in recent years, I’m really looking forward to this book getting back to her roots and from the early reviews I’ve read, I’m really excited for it! Sounds like it’s going to be a good one!
- Timekeeper (1st November)-Tara Sim-This sounds really intriguing! It’s all about time and time travel and apparently there’s clock spirits involved? And there’s a gay relationship? And it’s in an alternate Victorian world? Okay so I don’t know much, but what I do know, I really like!
- Heartless (8th November)-Marissa Meyer-I may not have loved the first book in the Lunar Chronicles series, but this, an origin story of the Queen of Hearts? It sounds right up my alley!
- This Is Our Story (15th November)-Ashley Elston-This sounds like an exciting mystery thriller and I haven’t read a really great one since Dangerous Girls, so I’m really excited for this one! Sounds like another potentially great, twisted book.
- Of Fire And Stars (22nd November)-Audrey Coulthurst-Okay, this book has everything I could ever want, it has magic, princesses, and f/f romance where the main character falls in love with her fiance’s sister? I hope this book is as good as it sounds!
- Scythe (22nd November)-Neal Shusterman-Ahhh! New book from Neal Shusterman! I am totally flailing as I write this! This book, about a perfect world where people have to be gleaned (killed), and two teenagers who have to fight each other for the position of apprentice to the Grim Reaper! It sounds like it’s going to be totally awesome!
I know I went over ten but there are so many books that I’m excited for! 2016 has been a great year for new releases (of the ones that I’ve read I mean, I’ve focused more on backlist books this year than new releases). What books were on your list this week? Do we share any? Let me know in the comments! Next week’s topic is meant to be Top Ten Favourite 2016 Releases So Far This Year, but since I’ve been focusing mostly on backlist books this year, I’m going to do a different topic and talk about my Top Ten Favourite Books That I’ve Read Outside My Usual Genre (ie books that aren’t fantasy or dystopia). That’s next week but in the meantime, I will have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you guys tomorrow.