Hey everyone! So I know I’ve done this one before (several times actually, if you count that I’ve done a couple of posts under this award’s original name of Sisterhood of The World Bloggers) but Taylor over at The Book Wench nominated me for it and I figured since I haven’t done an award post in a couple of months, why not do this one? So thanks very much to Taylor for the nomination and you can check out her post here:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10)
- Create ten questions for your nominees to answer and notify them of their nominations
- What book is one of your guilty pleasure reads?
Honestly? None. I don’t believe in feeling guilty about what I read, if I love a book then I will tell people about it, no matter whether people will frown on me for liking it. I honestly can’t think of a single book that I’ve read that I would be embarrassed to tell people about.
2. What is your favourite book quote of all time?
Of all time? Seriously? All time? Damn that’s hard! I’m going to have to go with this one from Harry Potter though:
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
It just describes exactly why I love reading in one quote!
3. What book are you most looking forward to reading?
Right now? I can’t wait to dive into The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan’s new offering from the Percy Jackson universe. I love that world so much and I’m so looking forward to diving back into one of my favourite bookish worlds.
4. Who is your favourite person in all of history, dead or alive and why?
All of history? Man these questions are tough! I can’t just pick one person from all of history to say is my favourite, that’s far too big a choice. I will say though, that my biggest personal inspiration in my life, has been JK Rowling. Ever since I was a little kid, when I was asked who I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say her!
5. If you had to give up one of your senses what would you choose?
Ooh toughie! I think I’d give up my hearing, not being able to see the world around me seems pretty scary!
6. What is your favourite non-domesticated animal?
When I was a kid, I started collecting white tiger stuffed toys when I went to zoos (I think my collection only amounted to about 4, but anyway!) so I think I’ll have to say them!
7. If you could read one book for the first time all over again, which book would it be and why?
The first Harry Potter book! I know it sounds cliche, but I’d love to experience the magic of reading that book for the very first time over again.
8. What is a book that is relatively under the radar that you wish more people would read?
Cross My Heart by Carmen Reid! It was such a great book, I really loved it, I got to see a whole different side of WWII but yet no one seems to talk about it and I don’t why!
9. What are some of your favourite hobbies?
I’m sure I’ve mentioned this in some tag or award or other before, but I really love horses. Riding is one of my favourite hobbies, I’ve been doing it since I was a kid. I also love trampolining. I like to run too and reading and writing (and blogging of course) are obvious ones. I love travelling, it’s one of my favourite things to do. I also love ice skating.
10. What is a word you love and what is a word you hate?
A word I love? I’ve always loved the word confuzzled, it’s one of those words that sounds like what it means! A word I hate? I don’t think there are any words in particular to be honest!
- If you were to die tomorrow, what is one book you would absolutely have to read again before you died?
- What is one book that you recommend to everyone?
- Aside from reading, what do you like to do with your free time?
- What is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
- Where is the best place you have ever visited?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What is your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- What is your favourite holiday?
- What is your favourite flavour of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream? (Or if you’re weird and don’t like Ben and Jerry’s then general flavour of ice cream?)
- What is your favourite book shop?
I nominate anyone who hasn’t done this award, to do it, since I can never keep track of who has done what!