Hi everyone! I’m back with another Top Ten Tuesday for you all this week, courtesy of the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s prompt was Top Ten Websites I Love Which Aren’t About Books, but aside from social media sites, I don’t usually visit websites that aren’t about books, so instead I decided to go for a topic from the archives and chose the Top Ten Sequels I’m Dying To Read because there are always so many sequels that I want to read that I thought it would be a much easier topic! So here we go, my Top Ten Sequels That I’m Dying To Read:
- Glass Sword-Victoria Aveyard-I didn’t love Red Queen, but I enjoyed it and after the way it ended there was no way I wasn’t going to read the sequel. I’m looking forward to seeing where Mare and the rest of her world go from the ending of Red Queen.
- Paper and Fire-Rachel Caine-I loved Ink and Bone, so I have been impatiently waiting for this since I read Ink and Bone in January, I even pre-ordered it, which shows how excited I am! I hope it’s just as good as Ink and Bone.
- The Fever Code-James Dashner-Okay technically this is a prequel rather than a sequel but I’m going to count this because it’s being released after the main series. I was really disappointed with The Kill Order because it didn’t feel like I got the information I wanted, but this is promising to tell us how the Maze came to be, finally! I just hope it delivers!
- Rebel of The Sands #2-Alwyn Hamilton-This one doesn’t even have a title yet and I’m insanely excited to read it. Rebel of The Sands was so good, so I have really high hopes for this second book!
- Empire of Storms-Sarah J Maas-I’m kind of equal parts nervous and excited for this because I didn’t love the direction that Queen of Shadows went in, but I love these characters, so I still want to read it.
- Throne of Glass #6-Sarah J Maas-Okay, so this has neither a title nor a cover yet and it’s not being released for another year, but I’m excited to see how this series concludes and for once I actually have no predictions of how I think it’s going to go, so I’m looking forward to seeing how things turn out.
- Pegasus and The Origins of Olympus-Kate O’Hearn-The fourth book in the Pegasus series, it’s been a while since I read the first three, but I love this series and I love mythology books, so I’m excited to read the next book in the series.
- Night Break (Young Sherlock Holmes #8)-Andy Lane-It’s been two years since I read the last book in the series, but it’s a series I really enjoy and I’m looking forward to seeing where Andy has taken Young Sherlock in his most recent adventure.
- Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)-Marissa Meyer-I didn’t love Cinder, but people have kept telling me that Scarlet is so much better and I have to admit that the end of Cinder made me intrigued as to what happens next so I’m looking forward to reading this sequel.
- Rose Under Fire-Elizabeth Wein-This is more of a companion to a direct sequel to Code Name Verity, but I loved Code Name Verity so much that I’m looking forward to reading this semi-related book from the same author.
I’m going to be good today and just list ten! What sequels are you excited for, whether they be already released that you are looking forward to reading or whether they are upcoming releases that you are excited for? What have been your favourite sequels? Let me know in the comments! Next week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim and I feel like this is going to be a hard topic, but an interesting one, so hopefully I should be able to come up for ten for it! That’s next week, but in the meantime, I am almost done with The Raven King, so I should hopefully have a review of that up for you guys soon, so make sure to check that out when it’s up! I also have my most recent Jo Talks Books discussion post up, so make sure to check that out too.