For some reason, people really seem to love nominating me for this award! Don’t know why, but hey ho, I was nominated this time by Gennifer Eccles over at Ready, Set, Read! Thanks Genni! Here’s her post if you want to check it out:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you.
- Tag 11 bloggers who have less than 1000 readers.
- Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them through social media or their blog.
- If you had to choose one author/book that would define your childhood reading, what would it be?
Ah this is really hard because there are so many authors that define my childhood, but I’ll have to go with JK Rowling. I grew up with the Harry Potter series and it’s what really got me into reading.
2. What book, series, or author do you see as a reason why you’re still reading?
Honestly, every book that I’ve ever loved is a reason why I’m still reading, I can’t pin it down to one particular book, series or author.
3. What is your favourite part about blogging?
Getting to interact with all the other bloggers out there! I love being able to share my love of books with lots of other book lovers.
4. Do you have a guilty pleasure book/author? If so what is it?
Honestly no. If I love a particular book or an author, I’m not afraid to say it. I definitely wouldn’t say that any of my favourite books or authors were guilty pleasures.
5. What is the best book you have read so far in 2016?
I’ve only read 5 books so far in 2016, but the best one has definitely been Rebel of The Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, as my only 5 star read so far this year! If you haven’t read it yet, you definitely should, it’s incredible.
6. What are some of your favourite book to movie adaptations?
So many that I love, I’m not sure where to start, The Harry Potter movies (obviously), The Hunger Games movies, Black Beauty, The Book Thief, Gone Girl, The Maze Runner, The Perks of Being A Wallflower (have yet to read the book, but loved the film), The Reader (another one where I’ve seen the film but not read the book, I don’t know if it’s cheating to include these), Marley and Me (seen film, not read book again), there are seriously so many, I just can’t list them all!
7. What is one book that you recommend to everyone?
I’m cheating a little because it’s a series, not just one book, but the Harry Potter books! Everyone should read them!
8. Which do you prefer, standalone or series?
Series! When I fall in love with a group of characters, I always want to read more about them.
9. Where and when do you do most of your reading?
In my bed before I go to sleep.
10. Why did you start blogging?
I get asked this one a lot and I think I’ve answered it several times by now, but for anyone who is a new follower to my blog, I started blogging because I love writing and they say to be a good writer you’re meant to write a lot, so a blog was a good outlet for that. I had been posting book reviews on Tumblr for a while before I started my blog and it was fun, but not many people saw it. I found out that you could use WordPress to start your own blog and everything kind of just went from there. I’m so happy that two years on people still enjoy reading and I still enjoy writing my blog. That’s more than I ever expected, so thank you to all of my followers! I hope you are all still enjoying reading this as much as I enjoy writing it.
11. What is your favourite genre?
Fantasy! I love Fantasy, mostly YA, but I like MG fantasy as well and would be willing to try some adult fantasy. Basically anything fantasy, I love!
- What’s your favourite kind of chocolate?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What book could you read over and over again?
- Which book that you were required to read in school did you hate the most?
- What is your favourite thing to do outside of blogging/reading?
- What movies are you most looking forward to seeing this year?
- What are your most anticipated 2016 book releases?
- What is your favourite movie?
- Who is your favourite Disney hero/heroine?
- Who is your favourite Disney villain?
- Worst book you’ve ever read?
I’m terrible at keeping track of who has/hasn’t done this award, so if you’re seeing this, then consider yourself nominated!