I know I haven’t done one of these for a couple of weeks because I haven’t been feeling very inspired for these posts lately, but this week I decided to focus on quotes from my most recent read, Veronica Roth’s Allegiant. I wasn’t that keen on the book overall but it did have some really great quotes in it that I thought I’d share today.
These are my favourite quotes from Allegiant:
- “I suppose a fire that burns that bright is not meant to last.”
Sob. That’s all.
2. “I fell in love with him. But I don’t just stay with him by default as if there’s no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me.”
This quote is just so beautiful, you can’t help but smile when you read it.
3. “There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.
But sometimes it doesn’t.
Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.
That is the sort of bravery I must have now.”
Again, this is just a really beautiful quote!
4. “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me–they, and the love and loyaty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.”
I just thought this quote was really pretty and thought provoking.
5. “It’s what you deserve to hear,” I say firmly, my eyes going cloudy with tears. “That you’re whole, that you’re worth loving, that you’re the best person I’ve ever known.”
This quote is just so cute!
6. “Just as I have insisted on his worth, he has always insisted on my strength, insisted that my capacity is greater than I believe. And I know, without being told, that’s what love does, when it’s right-it makes you more than you were, more than you thought you could be.
This is right.”
I think this quote is really sweet and it’s a beautiful way to think of love.
7. “I have never had parents who set good examples, parents whose expectations were worth living up to, but she did. I can see them within her, the courage and the beauty they pressed into her like a handprint.”
I think this quote is really pretty.
8. “My parents did love each other. Enough to forsake plans and factions. Enough to defy “faction before blood.” Blood before faction–no, love before faction, always.”
I love the idea of love overcoming social barriers.
9. “I don’t need to relive my fears anymore. All I need to do now is try to overcome them.”
I like this quote because it’s pretty inspiring.
10. “Life damages us, every one. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.”
I just found this quote really beautiful.
11. “Maybe forgiveness is just the continual pushing aside of bitter memories, until time dulls the hurt and anger, and the wrong is forgotten.”
I found this quote really pretty and thought provoking.
12. “I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. And maybe that’s true of beginnings, but it’s not true of this, now.”
Another quote that I found really pretty.
13. “And he’s right to say that every faction loses something when it gains a virtue: the Dauntless, brave but cruel; the Erudite, intelligent but vain; the Amity, peaceful but passive; the Candor, honest but inconsiderate; the Abnegation, selfless but stifling.”
I liked this small insight into the positives and the flaws of faction system that we are exposed to throughout the Divergent trilogy.
14. “This is what happens when siblings collide – they injure each other in the same way.”
I just really liked this quote.
That’s all I have for you guys this week. I’m not sure whether or not I will have a post for you guys tomorrow, but I will definitely have a new post for you all soon!