Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year. I’m back with my first Top Ten Tuesday post of 2016 and the topic this week is Top Ten Bookish Resolutions I Have For 2016. Now I’m not going to lie, I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions because I suck at keeping them, when I did used to make them, they were usually broken by 2nd January! Still, this seemed like a fun topic to do and hopefully I’ll have more luck with my bookish resolutions than I did when I did non-bookish New Year’s Resolutions. Here are my Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for 2016:
- Complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge-I was so close last year! Only two books off my goal by the end of 2015. Admittedly I adjusted it down throughout the year because the goal I initially set for myself was too high, but still! The fact that I didn’t meet my final goal was a little annoying. I’ve set my challenge this year at 20 books, so I’m hoping that I will achieve that without having to adjust it down!
- Start doing discussion posts-I feel like my blog needs a little more variety, after all most of what I post is just reviews and memes, so I’ve decided that this year I’m going to start doing bi-monthly discussion posts. I’ve already found a ton of topic ideas to talk about, so I’m really excited to get these started.
- Complete the #RockMyTBR Challenge-I signed up to do the #RockMyTBR Challenge as a way of cutting down my TBR and reading more of the books that I own. I have 12 books on this list, so that’s a book a month! I can do this!
- Stop buying so many books when I already have a ton of books on my shelves-I am so bad with this one! I think I have at least 20 unread books on my shelf at Uni and I just bought another 4 a couple of weeks ago, I have a serious problem. Somehow I doubt this one is going to go very well, but I have good intentions!
- Stop feeling bad when people read more books than I do-I think this is a side effect of blogging, I see all these people with massive Goodreads challenge goals and I feel bad because mine is so tiny! I shouldn’t though, any amount of reading is a good amount of reading! This is kind of a hard one to measure and to do, but I’m going to try.
- Don’t feel bad that I can’t post every day-This is kind of a similar one to the last one I guess. I felt kind of bad this year that I wasn’t able to post everyday, but real life has to come first sometimes and that’s okay. I shouldn’t feel guilty when I don’t post because blogging is supposed to be a fun thing, not an obligation. This will also be a hard one to measure, but I’ll try!
- Keep up with connecting with other bloggers-I feel like I’ve done really well this year in connecting with other bloggers through doing memes like Top Ten Tuesday and participating in events like Armchair BEA and I want to keep this up in 2016!
- Make a note of the blog posts that I read and enjoy so that I’m not as stumped when it comes to doing that section of my Quarterly Rewinds and don’t have to try to remember all the blog posts I’ve read in the past three months. I always say that I’m going to do this and then never do, so maybe if I make a resolution, it will actually happen!
- To try and explore some books outside of the YA Fantasy/Dystopia genre. I love my fantasy and dystopia books, which is why they make up the majority of my reading, but it might not be the worst thing to try and throw in at least a couple of books from other genres this year!
- To catch up on at least some of the 2015 releases that I was really excited for but never got around to. Some of these are on my #RockMyTBR Challenge list, so I definitely should be able to do this!
I’m going to stick to just ten this week and not go over, since that’s probably enough resolutions to be going on with! What resolutions did you have on your list this week? Did you go for all bookish or did you include some personal resolutions too? Or did you just go for personal? Let me know in the comments! The topic for next week is Top Ten 2015 Releases That I Meant To Get To But Didn’t, which should be pretty easy for me actually because I read barely any of the 2015 releases I wanted to get to! In the meantime, I will hopefully have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you all tomorrow, as I’m trying to get those going again, so make sure to check that out, if I actually manage to do one, which hopefully I will!