I’m sorry I haven’t done one of these for you guys in a while, but I’ve been kind of lacking in inspiration for these posts for the last couple of weeks. For this week’s post though, I decided to focus on the most recent book I finished Queen of Shadows, the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. While I may have mixed feelings about the book, it had some really great quotes in it and I wanted to share a few of them with you guys today.
These are the quotes I’ve chosen for this week, my favourite quotes from Queen of Shadows:
- “Fire-breathing bitch-queen.”
It’s not exactly a pretty quote, but I think it’s the perfect description of Aelin!
2. ““She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing, save the crown that was hers by blood and survival and triumph.”
I like this one because it’s just so beautiful, simple as that.
3. “You make me want to live, Rowan. Not survive; not exist. Live.”
I mentioned in my review that I wasn’t the biggest fan of the new romantic relationship between Rowan and Aelin and I’m not, but hopeless romantic that I am, of course I loved this quote because it’s very swoonworthy!
4. “I spent centuries wandering the world, from empires to kingdoms to wastelands, never settling, never stopping—not for one moment. I was always looking toward the horizon, always wondering what waited across the next ocean, over the next mountain. But I think … I think that whole time, all those centuries, I was just looking for you.”
Another Rowaelin quote, just because I’m not a fan of their romance, doesn’t mean that I don’t love the beautiful quotes that have come from it!
5. “They joined hands.
So the world ended.
And the next one began.”
This bit with Aelin and Dorian……I just can’t.
6. “They were infinite. They were the beginning and the ending; they were eternity. The king standing before them gaped as the shield of flame died out to reveal Aelin and Dorian, hand in hand, glowing like newborn gods as their magic entwined.”
This quote is just so beautiful, in fact, the entire section with Aelin and Dorian in the glass castle at the end, without giving away too much, is just amazing.
7. “Dorian, we get to come back from this loss – from this darkness. We get to come back, and I came back for you.”
This part of the book almost made me cry.
8. “But they held tighter to each other, past and present and future; flickering between an ancient hall in a mountain castle perched above Orynth, a bridge suspended between glass towers, and another place, perfect and strange, where they had been crafted from stardust and light. A wall of night knocked them back. But they could not be contained. The darkness paused for breath. They erupted.”
Aww, this quote is just lovely.
9. “Thank you for the oil,” he added. “My skin was a little dry.”
This one I simply included because it made me laugh.
10. “But she was her own champion now. And she would not add another name of her beloved dead to her flesh.”
I love this quote because it reminds me just how much Aelin has been through and how strong she is.
11. “Hush. Your hair was so pretty. I was hoping you’d let me braid it one day. I suppose I’ll have to buy a pony instead.”
Another one that just made me laugh!
12. “What is it like? Manon asked quietly. ‘To love.’ ‘It was like dying a little every day. It was like being alive, too. It was joy so complete it was pain. It destroyed me and unmade me and forged me. I hated it, because I knew I couldn’t escape it, and knew it would forever change me.”
I loved this little exchange between Asterin and Manon.
13. “And as they passed by the domed Royal Theater, there was music – beautiful, exquisite music – playing within.”
It’s quite a simple quote, but a lovely one.
14. “I miss you,” she said. “Every day, I miss you. And I wonder what you would have made of all this. Made of me. I think — I think you would have been a wonderful king. I think they would have liked you more than me, actually.” Her throat tightened. “I never told you — how I felt. But I loved you, and I think a part of me might always love you. Maybe you were my mate, and I never knew it. Maybe I’ll spend the rest of my life wondering about that. Maybe I’ll see you again in the Afterworld, and then I’ll know for sure. But until then …until then I’ll miss you, and I’ll wish you were here.”
I dare you not to cry.
15. “Then she smiled with every last shred of courage, of desperation, of hope for the glimmer of that glorious future. “Let’s go rattle the stars.”
I love the reference to the first Throne of Glass book here.
16. “That wildness, that untamed fierceness… They weren’t born of a free heart, but of one that had known despair so complete that living brightly, living violently, was the only way to outrun it.”
This quote is about Asterin, but it could just as easily apply to Aelin and it’s just really beautiful.
That’s all I have for you guys this week. I may have a new post for you guys tomorrow, I may not, depends how busy my New Year’s Day is! This post is officially my last post of 2015 though, which is kind of sad, but hopefully 2016 will be just as good a blogging year for me as 2015 has been.
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic 2016!