I’m going to be doing a lot of these today as I have a huge backlog of award and tag posts that I haven’t got around to in the past few months! This one I was nominated for by Paige @ Paige by Page, so thank you to her, you can check out her post here:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you and create 7 new ones.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them.
- What book first got you into reading?
That’s a hard one because there’s actually quite a few. My dad used to read to me when I was little and that’s what really got me into reading. He read Enid Blyton’s Shadow The Sheepdog to me and I think that was one of the first books I ever read on my own. He also read James Herriot’s books to me and I really loved those. The Harry Potter books also had a huge part in getting me into reading and I remember loving the Faraway Tree books when I was little too. Basically, there were a lot of books that got me into reading!
2. What is your favourite genre and why?
Fantasy! The entire genre is basically everything I love about reading, being able to escape into different worlds and I love the fact that in fantasy, essentially anything is possible, the only limit is your imagination, which is exactly what I love about reading (and writing).
3. What upcoming book-to-movie adaptations are you most excited for?
I don’t really keep track of upcoming book-to-movie adaptations (unless there’s something coming out that I’ve been excited about for a while), but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the first part of the Allegiant movie (and hopefully by the time it’s released, I will actually have read the book).
4. What is your favourite book of all time?
You cannot ask a bookworm that! It’s like asking a parent to choose their favourite child! I never answer this one when asked because whatever I answer, I feel like I’m betraying all the other books I love.
5. How do you picture yourself in 20 years?
I can barely picture myself in two years, let alone twenty! Ideal world? I’ll be a famous author living on a country estate, with several Dalmatians and hopefully a few horses, but that’s the dream. What the reality will be, who knows?
6. Paperback, hardcover or e-books?
I’m going to go with paperbacks, hardcovers are easier to keep nice but they’re so heavy to carry around and I don’t have a Kindle, so I don’t read e-books.
7. If you could be best friends with any author in the world (alive or dead) who would it be?
- If you had to choose only one food to eat for the rest of your life, you couldn’t eat anything else, what would it be and why?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
- What is your dream job?
- What movie can you watch over and over again and not get bored?
- When and why did you start your blog?
- What do you love most about reading?
- Which five authors (living or dead) would you invite to a dinner party?
I nominate anyone who hasn’t done this award to do it.