This week’s topic is meant to be 2016 Debut Novels That I’m Looking Forward To, but to be honest, I haven’t really been keeping up with who has a debut novel coming out in 2016 and most of the books from 2016 that I’m looking forward to are sequels, so instead of doing that, I’ve chosen a topic from the TTT archives to do and the topic I’ve chosen is Top Ten Books That I’m Dying To Read. I have so many of these, so many books on my bookshelf that I’m really excited for but have yet to read, but isn’t it always the way with us book lovers?! Anyway, these are the books that I am currently dying to read.
- Ink And Bone by Rachel Caine-I’ve been looking forward to this one for ages, I’ve heard such good things and I’ve had it since July, but Queen of Shadows took precedence over this one in my reading order because I just had to read that one as soon as possible! Still, I’m really excited for this one because it sounds fabulous and it’s probably going to be my next read.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard-I’ve heard some mixed things about this one, but I always love a good fantasy book, so I’m hoping that I will be in the camp that loves this one rather than the camp that hates it!
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore-This sounds like exactly the kind of book I’d love, but for whatever reason I just haven’t got around to it yet. I’ve heard some really great things about it though, so I’m really excited to read it (when I finally get around to it!).
- Demon Road by Derek Landy-It’s always slightly nerve wracking when you read a new book by an author whose already written a series that you’ve loved, but I am really excited to read this because it sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun (who wouldn’t want to read about a demon road trip?!) and I haven’t had a good Derek Landy fix since the last Skulduggery Pleasant book came out and that needs to rectified as soon as humanly possible!
- Magnus Chase: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan-I wasn’t entirely sure whether I was going to get this one or not, since I’ve never read anything by Rick Riordan which didn’t feature Percy (I didn’t read The Kane Chronicles basically), but I’d heard some encouraging things and when I found a signed copy of it in my local Waterstones, I just had to get it. I’m mixed excited and nervous to read this, I just want it to be good! I don’t want my opinion of Rick Riordan to become tarnished!
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle-Again, a book I’ve heard some mixed things about, but the premise of the book about a family cursed with a season of mysterious accidents sounded like a lot of fun, so I hope that my gut instinct that this book will be good is right!
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman-I finally own this! I just bought it over the weekend and I’ve been wanting to read it for basically the entire year (though I won’t get to it until next year!). I’ve heard some amazing things, so I hope this book is as amazing as everyone says it is.
- Unbound by Neal Shusterman-A new installment in the Unwind dystology? How could I not be excited for this one? I’ve pre-ordered it, which is something I almost never do, so that shows you all how excited I am. Two more weeks until this arrives! I cannot wait!
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch-Another one that I bought over the weekend! I’m really excited for this one, even though I’ve heard some mixed reviews because it sounds really great and I would love to have another high fantasy world to read about!
- The Glory by Lauren St John-I haven’t read a horse book in a while, so I’m quite excited to read another one and it’s nice sometimes to break up the fantasy and dystopia with some different genres of books!
I actually managed to keep it to ten this week! Who’s impressed? What books are you dying to read at the moment? What 2016 debuts did you choose if you did the actual topic this week? Let me know!
So that’s my post for this week, I will be back next week, the topic is Top Ten New-To-Me Favourite Authors That I Read For The First Time In 2015, but unfortunately, I am not able to do that topic as I only read books from 4 new to me authors and of those four, only one I really liked, so I will have to choose another topic from the archives for you guys. You’ll have to wait and see what it is though! In the meantime, I should hopefully have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you guys tomorrow, so look out for that!