I’m back this week, with another Top Ten Tuesday for you all, courtesy of the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read Over The Past Year Or So, which as you can imagine, I was insanely excited for, since I love picking out quotes from books, so much so that I have an entire feature dedicated to it every Thursday! Reading-wise, this year hasn’t been the greatest year for me, I haven’t read anywhere near as many books as I wanted to because of life getting in the way and getting stuck on some books that I didn’t totally agree with, but I’m sure I’ll be able to find ten great quotes for you all from the books that I have read! So here goes:
- “You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love.” -Heir of Fire, Sarah J Maas
Dorian is such a cutie! I loved this bit where he put Chaol in his place (sorry Chaol lovers, I like him, but he really irritated me in Heir of Fire!).
2. “I claim you, Rowan Whitethorn. I don’t care what you say and how much you protest. I claim you as my friend.” -Heir of Fire, Sarah J Maas
This scene! This scene is so cute, I love it and Celaena and Rowan’s friendship.
3. “Krasivaya. It means beautiful, but with strength. Unique.” -Between Shades of Grey, Ruta Sepetys
This book is full of beautiful quotes but I particularly like this one because I think the meaning of the word Krasivaya is really pretty.
4. “Sometimes there is such beauty in awkwardness. There’s love and emotion trying to express itself, but at the time, it just ends up being awkward.” -Between Shades of Grey, Ruta Sepetys
I just think this quote, like so many others in this book is really pretty.
5. “But all of the survivors had one thing in common, and that was love. They survived through love. Whether love of friend, love of country, love of God, or even love of enemy—love reveals to us the truly miraculous nature of the human spirit.” -Between Shades of Grey, Ruta Sepetys
This quote is so beautiful, I almost cried when I first read it!
6. “Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother’s was worth a pocket watch.” -Between Shades of Grey, Ruta Sepetys
I put this quote in because it was one of the most shocking parts of the book, how hard life was for people and how they had to make horrible decisions in order to survive.
7. “I clung to my rusted dreams during the times of silence. It was at gunpoint that I fell into every hope and allowed myself to wish from the deepest part of my heart.” -Between Shades of Grey, Ruta Sepetys
I know I’ve used so many quotes from this book already, but this one is really pretty, I couldn’t not use it!
8. “My name is Celaena Sardothien,” she whispered, “and I will not be afraid.” -The Assassin’s Blade, Sarah J Maas
I’m almost finished with this book! It was great to learn the origins of Celeana’s famous phrase!
9. “She would tuck Sam into her heart, a bright light for her to take out whenever things were darkest.” -The Assassin’s Blade, Sarah J Maas
This makes me want to cry!
10. “The accountant lingers at his children’s doorway a moment more, listening to the easy rhythm of their breathing, and something cold moves through him, like the passage of a ghost – but he know that’s not it. It’s more like the portent of a future. A future that must never come to pass…
…and for the first time, he gives rise to a thought that is silently echoed in millions of homes that night.
My God… what have we done?” -Undivided, Neal Shusterman
There are so many parts of this book that nearly made me cry but this was one of them, when the people in the world finally realize that what they’ve been doing to their kids is wrong. It’s a really powerful chapter that this quote comes from.
Anyway, so that’s my post for this week, I will be back next week with a Thanksgiving themed freebie (is it weird taking part in a Thanksgiving themed freebie when I’m not American and don’t celebrate Thanksgiving?). Ah well, they’ll be other people who aren’t American doing it! That’s next week, but in the meantime, I will have a new Wishlist Wednesday post for you all tomorrow, so stay tuned for that.