I have to apologise so badly for the lateness of this post! It really wasn’t my intention to make you guys wait this long for another post, but I’ve been so busy over the past few days, have my first big assignments due at Uni, so naturally have been stressing quite a lot and haven’t had as much time for this blog as I’ve wanted to. I’ve finished one assignment, but have another one due in two days, so I may have to squeeze blog posts into my schedule between visits to the Library! I may have to start scheduling posts at this rate! Anyway, to be honest, I hadn’t really thought much about what I wanted to write about for this post (I know, I know, I’ve had so much time and you I haven’t really thought about what I wanted to post? What kind of blogger am I?). Anyway, because I’m so far behind on posts, I didn’t want to do too long of a post this time, so I thought I would do another favourite covers post (I will try and do a longer one next week to make up for the poor show for the end of this week guys I promise!). These won’t necessarily all be books that I’ve read, just books that I like the covers for, but you never know, I may read some of these in the future! As with last time, I’m going to feature ten covers.
- Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer-Rick Riordan-I am still on the fence as to whether or not I want to read this book, but the cover really makes me want to! I love the mix of colours, I think it’s a really striking effect. Anyone read this? Is it worth me reading? Let me know!
- Red Queen-Victoria Aveyard-I have this one, it’s on my TBR, hopefully I will get to it soon (however I’ve been saying that since July and it still hasn’t happened! Next year, for sure!). I love the simplicity of this, the white cover, with the crown and the blood dripping down, it’s simple but very effective.
- Shatter Me-Tahereh Mafi-I don’t know what it is about this cover, I think it’s the starkness of it, just that simple eye, that draws me to it. I haven’t read this book, but it is on my TBR, so let’s hope the book is as good as the cover.
- Everything about this cover is amazing, I love the way the stairs combine with the red cape (at least I think it’s a cape) to form a rose and I love the red colour, I think it really makes the cover stand out. I haven’t read this book either, but it is on my TBR, so fingers crossed that it’s good!
- The white background, the splash of colour at the bottom, the way the title fades into that, everything about this cover is awesome. I’ve heard the book is good too but it doesn’t really sound like my kind of thing.
- The One Thing-Marci Lyn Curtis-Again, I love the simplicity of this cover, the eye shape with all the lines pointing outwards and the music note heart in the middle, sometimes simple is better! I also think all the colours contrast really well. This book is also on my TBR!
- Defy-Sara B Larson-Again, the simplicity is what does it for me with this cover, I love the plain green background with the just the sword and the big red lettering in the centre. I think everything complements each other well. This is another one on my TBR!
- The Assassin’s Blade-Sarah J Maas-Sarah J Maas’ always seems to have the most striking book covers and this one is no exception! I’m currently reading this, about to start the second story of the book and am enjoying it so far.
- Snow Like Ashes-Sarah Raasch-Everything about this cover is just so perfect, all the colours are amazing, the symbol in the middle, the way the sun just seems to be gleaming off the top of it, it’s awesome!
- Challenger Deep-Neal Shusterman-Again, it’s the simplicity of this one that does it for me.
I will be back next week with another Friday Favourites, hopefully this one will be more prepared and less last minute (and less late!). I will try to catch up on my posts as much as possible throughout the week, I probably won’t do them all in a big batch now as it’s quite late here! I may do them all in a big batch tomorrow morning, so I’m caught up before I do my Tuesday post!