For this week’s Thursday Quotables, I decide to choose a theme of confidence as I thought I’d be able to find some nice, positive quotes about it. So here we go, these are my favourite quotes about confidence:
- “Confidence is ignorance. If you’re feeling cocky, it’s because there’s something you don’t know.” -Artemis Fowl, Eoin Colfer
I chose this quote simply because it made me laugh!
2. “I was the Duff. And that was a good thing. Because anyone who didn’t feel like the Duff must not have friends. Every girl feels unattractive sometimes. Why had it taken me so long to figure that out? Why had I been stressing over that dumb word for so long when it was so simple? I should be proud to be the Duff. Proud to have great friends who, in their minds, were my Duffs.” -The DUFF, Kody Keplinger
I haven’t actually read the book, it doesn’t seem like my kind of thing, but I did watch the movie and enjoyed that. Anyway, I found this quote and I really liked it, because I love it when girls have confidence in themselves.
3. “Somewhere inside you, I hope you know who you are. I hope you know what you are. I hope you know that you’re powerful. We need you.” -The Wicked Will Rise, Danielle Paige
I haven’t read this book (though the first book in this series is on my TBR), but I thought this quote was lovely and inspiring, so I had to include it.
4. “Believe in yourself up here and it will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.” -Keeping The Moon, Sarah Dessen
I haven’t read this book but I thought this quote was beautiful and inspiring and I just wanted to include it.
5. “You could rattle the stars. You could do anything if only you dared.” -Throne of Glass, Sarah J Maas
I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG TO USE THIS AND FINALLY IT FITS THE THEME! Sorry, got a little overexcited there, but seriously, this is my favourite quote from all of the Throne of Glass books, it’s so strong, so beautiful, so inspiring, I love the idea that you can do anything if only you try.
That’s actually all I have for this week but I will be back next week with another Thursday Quotables and in the meantime I should (time and idea dependent!) have a new Friday Favourites post for you all tomorrow.