The topic for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is books on my fall TBR. Now I did pretty pathetically at finishing my summer TBR, I only read two books out of the ten on that list, thanks to exams and work and just life in general! Hopefully I will finish more of the books on this list! I probably won’t make it through all of these either, but I’m hoping I will finish more than two of them! Anyway, these are the books I’m planning to read this autumn:
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas-Obviously! I cannot wait to read this book, it’s been so hard trying to avoid reading reviews so I don’t get spoilers, because it seems most of the blogs I follow have been posting reviews of the book! I cannot wait to see what happens to Aelin next, this is definitely the next book I’m going to read after I finish my current one.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine-I’ve had this one since July, just haven’t read it yet, but I really want to because it sounds like a brilliant book and I’ve heard such great things about it, so I’m really excited.
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas-I meant to read this over the summer, but didn’t actually get my hands on a copy until last week, so I’m definitely going to read it before the next Throne of Glass book is released (and that’s not for another year, so I have a long window!).
- Demon Road by Derek Landy-This is a huge book, so it may take me a while to read when I finally get to it, but I’m really excited about reading it, because it sounds like a cool story and I’m excited to see what Derek Landy has come up with post-Skulduggery Pleasant.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard-Another one that I bought back in July and still haven’t got around to yet. I’ve heard mixed reviews about this one, some great, some not so great, but it sounds like an interesting fantasy story, so I’m excited to read it.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore-This is one of the many books that I bought at YALC, it seems like an interesting one, I love any books with magic in them and the different graces sound interesting, plus I’ve heard that the main heroine is pretty badass, which is always a winner for me!
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle-Again, I’ve heard mixed things about this book, but the idea of a family inflicted with accidents every year at around the same time and lots of people hiding secrets, seems interesting to me.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness-I’ve had this since the beginning of the year, so I really should have got to it by now, I’m determined that I will try and get to it before the end of the year.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein-Ditto for this book, I’ve had it for ages and I really should get around to it soon!
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth-I really do need to read this, I’ve had it for a year already and still haven’t read it! I haven’t had the motivation to read it ever since I read spoilers about the ending, but I don’t want to leave the trilogy unfinished, so my aim is to have read this before the first of the two part final movie comes out next year.
What books are you planning to read this autumn? Do you share any of the books on my list? Have you read any of the books on my list? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments!
I will be back with another Top Ten Tuesday next week (ten books you should read if you like this super popular book/author, I’m not going to let you know what book/author I have chosen until next week). Tomorrow though, I will have another Wishlist Wednesday for you all, so make sure to check that out.