I wasn’t quite sure what to do for this week’s Swoonworthy Sunday, because I appear to be running out of attractive guys from books to talk about (or at least I’m finding it more difficult to think of them!). For this week’s post, I’ve decided to focus on a character from a TV series rather than a book, although the character is the focus of legends, so I guess that sort of counts? The character I’m going to talk about today is Arthur Pendragon, from the TV series Merlin.
2. He is the son of Uther and Ygraine and half sister to Morgana. He is married to Guinevere.
3. He is very close to his manservant Merlin, although he does not know about his magic for the majority of the series.
4. He is an honourable and just man, always wanting to do what he thinks is right.
5. He is very brave, willing to sacrifice himself to save others.
6. He is a talented leader and able to inspire loyalty in his people, whom he cares deeply for.
7. He has a very hot temper and can have a tendency to become violent when provoked.
8. He is a skilled sword fighter, able to use a mace, lance and throw knives accurately.
Arthur’s Best Quotes:
- “Shut up, Merlin” -one of his most commonly used sentences
- “There’s no way Merlin’s a sorcerer” (I love this for the irony!)
- “You don’t have a dog and fetch the stick yourself. No offence Merlin”
- “You know me Merlin, I never listen to you”
- “I swear I’m going to rescue my men or die trying”
I will be back with another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you all next week, but in the meantime, I will be posting my newest Monday Recommendations post soon, so keep an eye out for that.