I really did mean to have this week’s Friday Favourites for you actually on Friday, I had even written the entire post on Friday, but then me and my sister were leaving for our cousin’s house, the first step in my journey to University (which I now write this post from!!!) and she turned off the internet before I had a chance to save my post! Typical! Luckily, I can remember what it was I wanted to write about, for this week’s post, I decided I wanted to do something a little different, so instead of choosing a favourite book, author or character to talk about, I’ve chosen to talk about my favourite fictional settings this week, places that I’ve read about in books (or seen on TV) and thought, yeah, I’d love to go there. These are my top seven favourite fictional places:
- Hogwarts-Of course! What else would be my number one favourite fictional place? I think all of us Harry Potter fans harbour a not-so-secret dream to go there, I’m still waiting for my letter!
- Camp Half-Blood-Does it not sound like the coolest summer camp ever? Plus if you went there, you would be a demigod, which is even more awesome!
- Narnia-I never actually finished The Chronicles of Narnia, I only read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, but from that, Narnia sounds like it would be a pretty awesome place to be (once The White Witch was defeated anyway!) and I would love to meet Aslan and Mr Tumnus.
- Stars Hollow-Not from a book, but going to Stars Hollow would be so much fun, getting to go to all the festivals, hanging out with Lorelai and Rory…..yeah you would definitely have a blast there.
- Wonderland-Such an odd place, it’s bound to be a lot of fun there and I would love to meet the Mad Hatter, I reckon he would be a blast.
- Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory-Chocolate, all the chocolate you can eat? Need I say more? It sounds like heaven!
- Belle’s Library-Okay, confession time, I forgot what my original seventh one was going to be, but never mind I thought of an even better one. I would love to go (well live in really), the library that the Beast got for Belle. All those books? Just for me? Now that really would be heaven!
What are some of your favourite fictional places? Do you agree with any of mine? Let me know in the comments!
I will have my Sidekick Showcase Saturday and Swoonworthy Sunday posts for you as soon as possible, I couldn’t do my Saturday post yesterday because a) it was my birthday! and b) I was moving to University, so didn’t really get a chance to type!