I couldn’t really think of that many series that I could use for this week’s topic as I have very few finished series that I haven’t finished yet, most of the series I have yet to finish have books still to be released. So instead of doing ten finished series I have yet to finish, I decided that this week I would do top ten finished series that I have yet to start as I thought that would be a lot easier for me to do because I know I have a lot of these on my TBR.
- The Chaos Walking Trilogy-Patrick Ness-I have bought The Knife of Never Letting Go, in fact I’ve had it for a while now, but I haven’t started it and therefore the series yet. I’m really excited to though, because I love dystopian fiction and this book sounds really good. I hope I enjoy this series, when I get around to it.
- The Darkest Minds Trilogy-Alexandra Bracken-I’ve had the first book in this series on my TBR for absolutely ages, but just haven’t got around to reading it yet. I’m really looking forward to it though, it seems like just the kind of series that I would absolutely love.
- The Mara Dyer Trilogy-Michelle Hodkin-I’m a little bit nervous about reading this series, because whilst I’ve heard good things about the first book, I’ve heard some critical reviews about the other two, people don’t seem to like them as much, which is probably why I have put off starting it until now. The first book has an interesting premise though, so I think I’ll try it and then see what I think after that.
- The Inkworld Trilogy-Cornelia Funke-I love the whole idea behind this book, that the main character’s father is able to ‘read’ characters out of books (ie bring them to life), it sounds like so much fun and so magical. My sister has the first book, so when my TBR pile is down a little, I will have to give it a go.
- The Graceling Realm Trilogy-Kristin Cashore-I have the first book in this series, so I’m going to try that first before I decide whether I’m going to buy the rest of the books in the series. It seems promising though, I love any books with magic in them and the whole idea of the different graces seem interesting. I’ve heard really good things about this book though, so I have high hopes for it and the other two books in the series.
- The Every Trilogy-Ellie Marney-I love Sherlock Holmes and this series is kind of a Sherlock retelling, so it sounds very promising and I love crime and mystery stories as well, so I’m really looking forward to reading this series.
- Scarlet Trilogy-AC Gaughen-I said a few weeks ago on one of these lists that I’d love to read a Robin Hood retelling and this is one with Will Scarlet as a female character. I’ve heard some good things about it and it seems like the sort of series that I would like, so I can’t wait to try it out.
- The Program duology-Suzanne Young-I like that these books sound different, the whole idea of teen suicide being an epidemic and being put into a treatment program is not something I’ve seen in dystopian fiction before, so I’m really looking forward to trying this series as it seems like someone new.
- The Skinjacker Trilogy-Neal Shusterman-This series explores life after death, it sounds kind of weird, but really interesting and I cannot wait to read more Neal Shusterman books after completely falling in love with the Unwind dystology.
- The Testing Trilogy-Joelle Charbonneau-This is another dystopian series and basically is a society after a big war (as so many dystopians are) where some elite students are chosen for the “Testing” which picks people who will be allowed a University education and will eventually become the leaders of the government. I’m in two minds about this series, as I have read some not so favourable reviews, but I put it on my TBR initially because I was gripped by the synopsis, so I’ll try the first book and see if my gut feeling was right.
So that’s my list for this week, how about you guys? Have you read any of the series on my list? What did you think? What series were on your lists this week? Did anyone else have to alter the topic? Let me know in the comments!
I will be back with another Top Ten Tuesday post next week, next week’s topic is a freebie, so you’ll have to wait and see what topic I choose! In the meantime, I will have another Wishlist Wednesday post for you all tomorrow, so make sure to check that out!