I’ve been nominated for this award by both Josh @ Been There, Read That and Jade @ Book Muffin, so I figured it was high time that I actually did it! Basically, this award is about celebrating bloggers and recognizing all the wonderful work that everyone in our community does with their blogs, I’m very happy that people seem to like my blog enough to nominate me for this award. Anyway, as with all awards, there are rules so let’s get to those:
- Select fifteen other bloggers to give the award to (I may not get to fifteen!)
- Write a post to show off your award. Give a story about why you started your blog and give advice to new bloggers.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night which is here: http://eveofnight.blogspot.ca/2014/10/lets-celebrate-whos-up-for-award.html
- Holly @ Kota B. Books
- Nevillegirl @ Musings From Neville’s Navel
- Alicia @ Kernels of Nonsense
- Anjie @ Love Thy Shelf
- Maren @ Worn Bookmark
- Mogsy @ Bibliosanctum
Story of My Blog:
My blog actually started out on tumblr. I’ve always loved to read and for whatever reason, I can’t exactly remember now, I think I saw someone else doing it, or something like that, I decided that I would write book reviews on tumblr. I love to read, I love to talk about what I’m reading, so it seemed like a perfect fit. However, my reviews didn’t really get seen by many people, as I don’t have that many followers on tumblr and so I was basically just writing them for myself at that point. I want to be a journalist when I’m older and I was looking into ways to do that and a lot of things that I read suggested having a blog. I was having fun writing my reviews anyway and I read a lot, so I figured why not start a book blog? I found out that you could start one on WordPress for free, so I set it up, transferred my old tumblr posts over and voila, this blog was born! I decided to call it Bookloversblog because I wanted to keep things simple, I figured this was a blog for people who loved books, so why shouldn’t that be my name? I never, ever thought my blog would become as successful as it has done, I thought I would get a couple of views from mainly the UK, but in my first year, I got over 200 views and this year, I’ve had over 4000 views from all around the world, which seems crazy to me! I feel like this year, I’ve become a real part of the blogging community, who have all been so lovely, so really, I want to use this opportunity to say thank you to you guys, both bloggers and just everyone who reads my blog, because I could not do this without you!
This is hard because I’m pretty new to all this myself, but I have two pieces of advice to new bloggers which are:
- Don’t stress about having to update at certain times, or if you haven’t updated your blog in a while, or if you simply don’t have any ideas for a bit (everyone suffers from writers’ block every now and again), because it will take the fun out of everything! Blogging is meant to be fun, not a chore, so if it seems like you’re just blogging because you feel obliged to, then you’re doing something wrong.
- Join in on memes and events in the book blogging community. Memes are a great way to both connect to other bloggers and bring more traffic to your blog (especially Top Ten Tuesday, new book bloggers you should definitely join that one!) and events such as read-a-thons, armchair BEA, twitter chats, really help you to connect with and feel part of the book blogging community.
Thank you to Josh and Jade for the nomination, and happy blogging everyone!