As I am reaching the end of A Court of Thorns and Roses (nine more chapters to go everyone, just nine more!), I decided that through the next three weeks, I would do a trio of posts, dedicated to the the three attractive men in Sarah J Maas’ newest books. I’m going to start this week with Lucien, as out of the males in this book, he is by far and away my favourite (he has been from when he was introduced but now I am far enough through the book that I have met all three main male Fae and can definitively say that Lucien is my favourite!), because he’s exactly what I love in male characters, snarky, cunning and has an incredible sense of loyalty.
The Gist of Lucien:
- He has red hair and pale skin, he wears a fox mask (for reasons explained during the book, don’t want to post any spoilers!), he has a scarred face and one metal eye (again, reasons explained in the book).
- He is one of seven sons of the High Lord of the Autumn Court but is Tamlin’s emissary and resides in the Spring Court (again, can’t explain, spoilers!).
- He is good friends with Tamlin, is extremely loyal to him and would do anything for him.
- He is very witty and has a sarcastic sense of humour.
- He is extremely cunning.
- He’s kind of arrogant, but in an almost charming way? I don’t know if that makes sense, but it will make sense if you read it.
- He is very strong and proud.
- Whilst he may seem harsh at first, he has a kind heart and simply has walls up to shield his vulnerability.
Best Lucien Quotes:
- “I might die of surprise,” Lucien said behind me. “You made a joke, Feyre.” -A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J Maas
- “It’s yours. Don’t bury it in my back, please.”
- “…We’re too powerful, and too bored with immortality, to be checked by anything else.”
- “We also dance with the spirits under the full moon and snatch human babes from their cradles to replace them with changelings–”
I will be back next week with another Swoonworthy Sunday post, I haven’t decided whether I’ll do Tamlin or Rhysand yet, so it will be a surprise for you. In the meantime, I still have my Monday Recommendations and Top Ten Tuesday posts to do, so keep an eye out for those.