This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is meant to be my Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors, authors who I will buy any of their books no matter what they write, but I was thinking about it and I really don’t have that many Auto-Buy Authors, I can think of maybe two or three authors that I will buy absolutely anything from, so I thought I would pick a different topic for this week, one I could do a little more easily and the topic I’ve chosen this week is Top Ten Characters That I’d Name My Children After, I saw this topic on several of the Favourite Top Ten Topics Lists a couple of months ago and I really wanted to do it, so I thought I’d take the chance this week when I wasn’t really able to do the topic.
- Hermione Granger-Hermione is one of my favourite fictional characters and I always related to her so much, so if I ever had a daughter, then this would be a name I would consider.
- Percy Jackson-Again Percy is one of my favourite fictional characters, so it would definitely be a boy’s name that I would consider.
- Celaena Sardothien-Another of my favourite fictional characters, Celeana is strong and independent and clever, all attributes I would want any daughter I had to aspire to.
- Persephone “Sephy” Hadley-I love the Greek myths, I think Persephone is a really pretty name and I love the character.
- Annabeth Chase-One of my favourite female fictional characters, it’s a nice name, unique but not overly outlandish.
- Luna Lovegood-Luna is a really pretty name, again unique enough that it’s different, but not incredibly weird and I love the meaning of the name too (Luna means moon and I think that’s really pretty).
- Callie Rose Hadley-I think this name is really pretty, I love Noughts and Crosses and the name Callie, if I remember correctly, means beautiful, which I love.
- Connor Lassiter-I know I’ve gone on about how much I love the character, but I actually really like the name too.
- Anna Fitzgerald-My Sister’s Keeper is one of my favourite books ever, so Anna would definitely be in the running if I ever had a daughter.
- Belle-Okay, this is kind of cheating because it’s because of the movie rather than the book, but I love the name Belle, it means beauty and the character is a bookworm like me and like I’d want my daughter to be.
I know my list mostly consisted of girls names, but most of the fictional character names that I can think of that I like are girls names, so what can you do? Would any of these be on your list (or were they on your list if you did this topic when it was originally done?) What names would be on your list? Let me know!
Next week I will have a list of the top ten books that would be on my syllabus if I taught Dystopia 101, but tomorrow, I will have my newest Wishlist Wednesday post for you all, so make sure to check that out.