I know, I know, another one of these, how could I be doing another one? Well I got nominated by Alice @rapture in books and it’s a fun award to do, so I figured, what the heck, why not do another one? Seriously though, from now on, I’m only doing these if I’m nominated and not of my own accord. Here is Alice’s post if you want to check it out:
1. If you had just £15 to buy one book for a whole year, paperback or hardback, what would you buy and why?
If it was 2016 when I only had £15 to buy one book for the whole year, it would definitely be The Raven King, the last book in the Raven Cycle series, because I’m so excited for it, it’s unreal! The anticipation is at very high levels since the release was pushed from this September to next February, I just want to see what happens already!
2. Pick one character from your favourite book and describe them in five words or less
My favourite book? I can’t choose a favourite book, that’s way too difficult. I can pick a favourite character though, so we’ll go with Percy Jackson.
Percy Jackson: Loyal, funny, sweet, dense, powerful
3. What are the reasons that you abandon books you’re reading? If you don’t abandon, how do you stick to your guns and finish even though you want to quit so bad?
I usually don’t abandon unless I’m really, really bored and it prevents me from reading other books I’m more excited for. I manage to continue by convincing myself the book will get better, sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn’t!
4. What is your perfect environment to read in? Is it quiet, music on in the background, is there TV or are you alone?
I usually like to read on public transport with my headphones on, I can just zone everyone else out and enjoy my music and my book.
5. If you had to be an animal from a book, be it natural or preternatural, what would you be and why?
I’d probably be Black Beauty as that’s one of my favourite books and I love horses!
6. If the world ended and we all lived in a post-apocalyptic world, which post apocalyptic world would you choose to live in?
Honestly, I don’t think I’d want to live in any of them, they’re pretty awful, but I guess the world in Divergent, since that seems like the least worst option of the ones I’ve read.
7. Which Hogwarts house would you prefer to be sorted into and why?
According to a HP Quiz I took, I’m a Gryffindor, but I’d rather be sorted into Ravenclaw, because I could read all the time (after all they’re supposed to be really clever so I imagine they read a lot!).
8. Post a book cover that you think describes you best
This one is kind of hard for me, I’ve never exactly seen a book cover and thought “Oh that screams me” but I really like the cover I’ve chosen, it’s my favourite colour and it’s really pretty plus the book is all about books so I think it’s pretty perfect.
I haven’t actually read this book yet, but I can’t wait to!
9. Now I haven’t read the Selection yet, but could you do it? Join a reality show for the sake of amusement of others, even if it meant you became a prince or a princess?
Nope, couldn’t do it! I would never join a reality show, nor would I ever want to become a princess. I’m quite happy as I am!
10. Describe your favourite book series in one word
Funny (Percy Jackson)
11. Finally, if you were a talking turtle what would be your first words?
Hey guys, how you doing? (not very creative, I know!)
- Favourite place that you’ve ever been on holiday?
- Which fictional character would you most like to meet and why?
- If you could live in any fictional world of your choosing, where would you choose to live?
- Favourite type of chocolate?
- What is your dream job?
- Favourite book cover?
- If you could only read one genre of book for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
- Which TV series do you rewatch constantly (if any)?
- What’s your favourite movie snack?
- Most recent book that you read?
- If you could have one magic power, what would it be?
I nominate anyone who wants to, to do this as I really have lost track of who has and hasn’t done it by now!