I was kind of struggling to come up with a topic for this week’s Friday Favourites, as I like to vary my topics so that I don’t have a string of posts with all the same topics, but in the end I decided I’d share some of my favourite book covers with you, as it’s something I haven’t done before and it means I get to share a lot of pretty pictures with you (I feel my posts sometimes lack on the picture front). I thought I’d do half from books I have read and then half from books I haven’t but want to read and I’m going to do ten covers in total for all of you. As readers, we all know how important the cover is, whilst a blurb may make you want to read the book, the cover is what attracts us to pick up the book in the first place, so hopefully some of these covers make you want to read the books!
Covers of books I have read:
1.Pure by Julianna Baggott-I love this cover, the simplicity of it, the bright orange against the black background, it really reflects the starkness of the world in Pure, plus I love the way that each letter of the title incorporates one of the character’s fusings. This is a great dystopian, so definitely worth a try if you like that genre. This is the UK cover, so the US one may be different.
2. Seriously how beautiful is this cover? This is the third book of the series, so you have to read the first two before this one, it’s a great series and I highly recommend it, plus all the books have beautiful covers.
Sarah J Maas is another author who always seems to have beautiful book covers. This is kind of cheating since I haven’t actually finished it yet, but it’s such a pretty cover, I don’t care.
5. Again, I love the simplicity of this cover, the shards of glass on the dark background, I think the cover was what made me pick it up in the first place. This book is so amazing, seriously if you like psychological thrillers then you must try it, because it will completely mess with your mind.
Covers of Books I want to read:
- This is the UK cover and it’s so pretty, with the butterfly and the pen making up the centre of the butterfly and the purple colour, it’s just gorgeous. I can’t wait to read this book, it’s definitely high up on my to-read list, after I’ve finished my current reads, a world all about books and libraries, it just screams me!
- This cover is so beautiful, I want to read this book just from the cover, well that and the story sounds good too, about people who can move around in people’s dreams.
- This is my most anticipated release of this year, I cannot wait for it, to see where Aelin (Celeana’s) story goes next! I have a feeling it’s going to be very exciting. I used the US cover for this one because I like the flaming red cover better than the plain white UK one, although they’re both pretty.
- This is such a pretty cover and sounds like such an interesting book, so I’m looking forward to reading it, I like the idea of the schizophrenic, unreliable narrator.
- I love the cover of this, it’s so pretty and the story sounds brilliant, it’s about families of black market organ traders, I read a really good review of it which made it sound like an amazing book, so I hope I get to it soon.
I will be back next week with another Friday Favourites post for you, but tomorrow I will have a Sidekick Showcase Saturday post for you.